Monday 5 December 2016

Unsure

Over the past week since getting fired, I've been scouring on Jobstreet and JobsDB trying to find a decent Interior Design company to join, sadly, a lot of the companies that have positions to fill right now aren't really up to standard.



As such, I have decided to expand my search and start looking for a wider range of job positions under the Interior Design umbrella, In-House Designer positions with responsibilities that includes drafting among other things.



I've also started sending out my resume for Baking positions, since I'm now stuck at a crossroads and am unsure of what I really want to do, maybe I should just return to what I enjoy doing instead of forcing myself to do Interior Design. The Baking position I have applied so far seems promising, it's starting pay is already higher than the last bakery I joined and it's following a 5 day work week schedule instead of a 6 day work week.


I called up at-sunrice this afternoon to ask about my Food Hygiene certificate and thankfully, they are able to print out a copy, I was afraid they had thrown my certificate away after 3 years.




A few days ago, I managed to snag an Interview with a furniture company for the position of Sales Executive Cum Stylist, the position was applied the day after I was fired from the Interior Design firm, so it wasn't really a decision I had thought through, it was a desperate move and they responded to my application the next day. The office is quite far and the job-scope is exactly how it sounds, selling furniture, I'm really not very interested in doing that though, and I guess the HR Personnel could sort of see that, so rather than tell me the company will get back to me, she instead wants me to call her up should I still be interested in the position after I had gone home and think it over. I didn't call her back so that is that.



So far the jobs I have applied for are...



1. Sales Executive cum Stylist (Furniture)

2. Visual Merchandiser  (Beauty Products)

3. 2 Sales Designer (Interior Design)

4. Interior Designer (In-House)

5. Baker



The office for job position No.2 is actually located in the building next to the furniture shop, so I will probably not bother to go for that interview should I actually get a call from them because it's way too far, having to travel such a great distance once or twice a week, it's still alright, but 5 to 6 days per week, fuck no.




With regards to the Sales Designer position, I have applied for 2 and will be going for an interview tomorrow at one of them.



The one thing that's really confusing about some of these job position is that they will put the job as an Entry Level position right at the top but they will require the potential candidate to have at least 1 Year Experience in the detailed job description.


Huh?


That is the job I will interviewing for tomorrow, I did not realize it was necessary to have more than a year experience when I applied because it was clearly listed as an Entry Level position, so I am going to have to ask the interviewer about that tomorrow.



Although I'm not sure if they mean they are only accepting candidates with a year worth of experience or they are also accepting candidates with a year worth of experience because its written in Engrish.



Whether or not I will continue with Interior Design or return to Baking remains to be seen, so far I've only receive the call from the interior design firm, I'm hoping the bakery can also call me for an interview so I can really decide between the two although to be honest, if the bakery actually calls me up and offers me the position, I will most likely return back to the F&B industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment