Thursday 22 December 2016

Called ID4

I've send out the email to ID5 but I've also decided to keep that option open. Rather then telling them I'm not interested in the position and completely withdrawing my application, I thought it'd be best to just let them know I am still interested, but should an offer from another company arise, I want to have the choice of actually weighing out my options and choose what I'm comfortable with.




What ID5 really wanted was confirmation and I gave them none of that, so I'm not really sure if they will still entertain the thought of hiring me, but it's better than telling them I'm not interested, I still might enter their list of potential candidates.





I may have blogged about not wanting to give ID5 a thought at all and just withdraw completely, but I'm not really presented with a lot of choices right now, as far as ID5 is aware, they think I am being shortlisted by a bunch of other companies and am some hot commodity everyone wants to hire, that's unfortunately quite far from the truth because most companies I'm interested in, I've either applied in the past before and failed or I have been hired and quit/fired from. My options right now are quite limited, which worries me, I don't want to be hired by a company I'm not interested in, only to see a company I'm actually interested post a job advertisement one week or a month after I have found a job.





One thing I've done is call ID4 this afternoon to check on the status of the job, the interview went quite well so I was a little peeved when they did not get back to me, I understand why the food writing company did not get back to me, I completely fucked that one up so I'm not surprise and I'm not expecting to hear from them ever again, it also didn't really feel like the right fit for me when I went for the interview, seeing how I was extremely unqualified with zero professional writing background and a lack of any relevant diploma to compensate for it.





After my interview at ID4, the marketing manager who interviewed me gave me her name card and told me to call her if I had any queries, so I did. She was a little confused as to who I was at the beginning, the tone was a little impatient, like I was some telemarketing person, until I told her my name and reminded her of the interview I had with her 2 weeks ago, her tone instantly lighten.






Turns out, according to what she has told me, the boss hasn't gotten back to her yet, I'm not sure if she meant that the all positions are still open and the boss hasn't filled them yet or if the boss hasn't gotten back to her about my application yet but have already hired a few people to fill up the slots because I did ask her during our interview how many people the company was planning to hire and she said they had 4 positions available.





Right now, it's a waiting game, ID4 said she will get back to me by the end of the week, which I guess is Saturday, but that's Christmas Eve, so I 'm not very sure. I would honestly prefer working at ID4 because they are aware my past working experience as an In-House Designer was at my Dad's company, their expectations of me are probably not as high as ID5, who have clearly overestimated my abilities it's actually making me feel a bit uncomfortable.





It's been probably a month since I got fired, so I'm not really keen staying jobless any longer, but at the same time, I also want to wait till after Chinese New Year to see if more companies will start hiring, I assume that's the period when people would start quitting, which would also maybe allow me to broaden my career options and start looking for cake decorating positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment