Monday 26 December 2016

Huh?

This job hunt is starting to feel extremely frustrating. I'm starting to wonder if this is a sign for me to stop looking for Sales Designer position. I have tried and failed 3 times, getting fired should have probably been a wake up call, but alas, I'm still very attracted to the idea of being a veteran Interior Designer, it's not really about making money at this point, it's more of just becoming knowledgeable and confident in the craft. I require knowledge to feel confident, and when I'm confident, then I can focus on making money.






Logging into Jobstreet and staring at the list of Job Openings has become a stressful routine, looking at companies I have send my resumes to reposting the jobs I had applied for is extremely demoralizing, especially those that didn't even set up an interview with me. I mean really? You haven't even given all those applicants who had applied during your first round a chance, haven't even spoken to them and you are already reposting a new job ads, hoping to find someone who would fit your idea of a dream employee. I really have no idea what some of this companies are looking for sometimes....



What the ad writes....

"No work experience required"

"Minimum "N" or "O" Level" certificate"


What I have written on my resume....


"2 Years Work Experience"

"Diploma in Interior Design.


What the company really wants...





It's the first thing on the Ad, right at the top.


"Malaysians are welcome to apply"


It's ironic how some companies talk about supporting local brands, but when it comes to hiring workers, they choose foreigners over local Singaporeans.






ID4 hasn't called me back. I was very skeptical when the hiring manager told me the boss hasn't gotten back to her about my application, I was hoping, but I had a feeling she wasn't really telling me the truth.




ID5 has reposted their Job Ad on Jobstreet, so I guess instead of being given a choice, I was given an ultimatum by them.



"Pick us before Friday or we will throw your application in the fire"




Guess in the fire it goes then, it's not as if I wanted to join that company in the first place. Better to take a longer time to find a company I want to join then to join one out of desperation and become miserable. 


Apart from the boss's lack of interest towards me, another reason why I'm not keen joining the company is because they have a celebrity ambassador. It makes zero sense because this particular celebrity isn't really known for hosting an Interior Design program or anything even remotely related to Interior Design, he's just a veteran actor in Singapore and that is it.


That's like asking Grumpy Cat to be the ambassador for Doctors Without Borders because Grumpy Cat is famous.

1 comment:

  1. Get daily suggestions and methods for making $1,000s per day FROM HOME for FREE.
    GET FREE ACCESS NOW

    ReplyDelete