Tuesday 13 December 2016

Genius

This long wait for a job always feels very unfruitful.



I've recently send in an application to be a Writer for a food website that's pretty well known, it's an internship position since I have zero experience in writing apart from this blog and the only contributing factor I have of offer to them is my past experience as a pastry cook, well sort of a contributing factor since the two jobs revolves around food.




Since I didn't really have any writing samples to give to them, I thought I should just share with them my blog, it was one of the optional information they required. For the first few hours, I was hopeful, I had enough content on this blog for them to get a greater understanding of my writing abilities, and then once I had slept through that decision, that was when I realized I had probably just committed job-seeker suicide by sharing with them my blog, a place where I bitch and moan about past job experiences.




at-sunrice still hasn't gotten back to me about my Food Hygiene Certificate, no shocker there, so hasn't the Interior Design firm I had went for an Interview for a week ago.



I'm not really sure how long I should wait before I call them to check if they are still in the midst of deciding or if someone or somefour has already been hired, it was stupid of me to not have asked, now every time my phone vibrates, I get so hopeful, thinking they it's the Interior Design firm who's calling me to ask me when I can start work, just yesterday, I received a call from a foreign number and got all excited about it, thinking it was them, only to find out it was URA, calling me about some project my Dad was doing. 



My Dad had this great idea of putting my number as the one to call should the authorities have any issues, it really wasn't a great idea because for that few minutes I was on the phone with URA, I identified myself as a wall.



So, maybe I will give the company a call next week to double check, I mean if they still aren't getting in touch with me by the end of this week, it probably means they are no longer interested, but I would rather hear them tell me I'm no longer being considered for the position than to be left hanging. Something I think companies should do is inform job seekers who have gone for an interview whether or not the position they have been interviewed for has been taken up, a simple email such as...





"Thank You for your interest in joining our company, unfortunately, we regret to inform you that the position you have applied for is no longer available"





...it would be nice to know because ignorance isn't always bliss.




Small companies should really practice that, informing only candidates they have interviewed, I mean we took the time out of our "busy" schedule to travel all the way to your office for an interview, the least you could do is let us know if the position has been filled so we can at least move on. It's not as if I'm expecting you to come to visit and tell me the bad news in my face and see that look of disappointment I will be expressing towards you, drop us an email informing us about it, maybe put a little p.s at the bottom telling us "Please do not reply as this email is automated" if it makes you feel uncomfortable to have to respond to a..



"Why didn't you pick me? Am I not good enough for your company?"



...kind of reaction, I know I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment