Thursday 20 February 2014

Lunch out.

I have been longing to eat at this restaurant at Plaza Singapura called Hoshino Coffee for a while now and finally had the chance today to try it out today.



The main reason why was because they are serving dishes that were exactly the same as the dishes that are being served at the restaurant I was working at and I really want to dine at the restaurant I was working at but I don't feel comfortable going there as a customer just yet.



It's very tiring for me to have to acknowledge the presence of every waiter who passes by because I used to work with them but I am not necessarily close to them. It's like when you see someone you know on the street that isn't exactly a friend, but someone you know nonetheless so you have to acknowledge their presence, ,and it's even worse if they are like really far away but both of you have locked eyes on each other,but since you don't want to be creating a scene by shouting across the mall, you just keep walking straight and smiling awkwardly at each other until finally you reach each other close enough to actually talk to each other and then all you say to each other is "Hi.What are you doing here ?" and then "Okay. Bye." after hearing the obvious answer "Oh, just here to skin my cat so I can turn her fur into hair extensions."



So that's what I think dining at the restaurant I work at would be like, with all my ex-colleagues walking around collecting orders as they pass my table. So I settled for Hoshino Coffee.




Had their coffee and baked rice, really wanted to eat the pancake though because I have been preparing the exact same dish so many times I have lost count, alas my stomach couldn't take it anymore so I had to give it a miss, plus it was super expensive. 2 meals, me and my sister, who ordered a pasta, with 2 cups of ice coffee that was already heavily discounted, total cost was $45, if I had ordered the dessert and the drinks that I originally wanted to get, the price would have been $65.

No comments:

Post a Comment