Saturday 22 February 2014

Coffee.

Was able to get a cup of Frappcuino today at Starbucks to confirm whether or not I actually have a caffeine addiction.



Bought a cup of Asian Dolce Frappacuino, the coffee flavour of the month or week or day, thinking it was Dulce de leche flavored, it was not.  I mixed up Dolce with Dulce since they are essentially pronounced the same way.... or maybe Starbucks spelled it wrongly and there really is Dulce de Leche inside... like how there's supposed to be Baileys in Twelve Cupcake's Baileys Chocolate Cupcake but you can't really taste any... makes me wonder if they measure their alcohol like how one would measure their vanilla extract... just a tiny drop, a hint of Baileys that you will be able to taste if you were to leave the buttercream in your mouth and swirl it around for a good 10 seconds before spitting it out.




I have made Baileys buttercream before for my Guiness Cupcakes and mine is really strong, because I eyeballed the whole thing, was really just pouring it out from the bottle like I was pouring myself a glass of it to drink.


Anyways, I couldn't taste any Dulce de leche in the coffee drink, which really is just bitter to me and reminded me why I didn't enjoy drinking any Frappacuino from Starbucks, I only drink it sometimes to look classy and shit, because only people in business suit drinks Starbucks Coffee, in my mind really, the people who actually drinks Starbucks in Singapore though are probably teenagers who likes to hang around Starbucks to study for their exams or use the free Wi-Fi... which they have "paid" for by buying the $10 cup of coffee which they nest because that cup is their pass to stay in the coffee shop indefinitely.




So, I thought I had actually made the transition from a tea drinker to a coffee drinker, but I guess that wasn't the case. When I say Tea Drinker I don't mean brewed Darjeeling Tea or any fancy stuff like Earl Grey Tea, I'm more towards Black Tea with the pearls inside and every once in a while when the house is out of soda, a huge cup of Lipton Tea with a slice of lemon in it... which when left on its own for a few hours thanks to my gaming habits, really become something that makes your breath really smelly and if I can smell my own rancid breath then it must really stink.

No comments:

Post a Comment