Wednesday 13 August 2014

Gonna miss the bakery.



My last batch of rainbow cake I made at work 2 days ago. There's actually a bit of blue in the top purple batter, that's because I use the same bowl to color all the batter, cleaning it only once after doing Yellow, Orange and Red. When I first started, I always cleaned after every color, that was obviously not time efficient, so I just fuck all and it didn't turn out so bad as evident from the picture, so far no customer has complained about a weird colored layer.



Have to admit, after today's interview at that piece of shit company, it has suddenly dawn on me that I'm really going to miss working at the bakery. Despite the low pay and the hectic workload, both of which I'm not gonna miss, being able to work in an environment where everyone is actually nice is really hard to find and that's the thing I'm gonna miss the most about working there. I actually put the uniform that was in my bag against my nose to take a whiff one last time, to remind me of how I smell like every time I left the bakery after work... not a bad smell.



One other perk of working there was being able to report to work anytime I want, or to be more specific, arriving 30 minutes late and no one actually caring, but I do only go back home when I have completed my work for the day, so I'm not that horrible of a worker. The head chef did tell me in the first month that I could plan my schedule as I liked, as long as I finished my work on time, that was pretty awesome.




Good thing though is now that I have worked at the bakery and memorized a majority of the recipe by heart, whenever I am feeling peckish for a good slice of cake, I no longer have to look for recipes online.


Malt Cupcake with Cookies and Cream Buttercream

Speaking of which, I made this cookies and cream cupcake a few days back using a recipe I found online. Ended up with a stomachache.



No comments:

Post a Comment