Sunday 24 September 2023

Got a $700 chair...

Just made payment for a brand new HAG Capisco chair and I am getting a bit of buyer's remorse, the retail price of the chair is $909.00 on Shopee and during the month of August, there was a big  discount, which brought the price down to $669.00.



I was interested in the chair, but forking out $700 just sounded a bit nuts, so I didn't really think too much about the discount, I had assumed that discount was permanent, like what ErgoTune does with their Supreme series, so I just ignored it and figured once I was ready to get it, the discount will still be there and I can get it at $699. 


Well,  it wasn't permanent.




.... the price went back to $909.00 a month later and after that, it just become out of reach because I am not going to be paying close to 4 digits for an office chair. It's an interesting chair and I would like to replace my Secret Lab with that, but I would much rather spend $900 on a gadget.




Fast forward to today, I was on Shopee and that chair appeared on my Shopee Homepage, so I just clicked on it to see and the price didn't change, it was still way too expensive for me to consider. I went to look at the reviews and they were all mainly positive ones, but then I came across one particular review and it was criticizing a local furniture store called W.Atelier for the poor delivery. I didn't realize W.Atelier was the brand that was representing the HAG Capisco, so out of curiosity, I went to the website to take a look at it and lo and behold...




... 43% off. The retail price does not tally with the Shopee one, so it had clearly been marked up on their website, but that doesn't change the fact that there is a discount.




So what did I do?



I went to make the purchase within 2 minutes of looking at that discount like the idiot that I am. I am splitting the invoice for that chair into 3 payments, so $230 will be deducted from my bank account every month to pay for it, which makes it less painful for my bank account, rather than a critical hit, it's damage over time,  I am about to be done paying for my Aftershock laptop that I had gotten in July for my current job, so to have another debt come replace that is really great timing. 



Here is hopping the chair is worth it's $700 price tag. This purchase is definitely going to make me control my perfume buys for a while because I have been spending even more money getting more decants. I recently just forked out another $100 getting 5 more 5ml decants from Tom Ford and Parfum De Marley, those 2 brands are fucking expensive, the Tom Ford's Fucking Fabulous cost me a whopping $35 for a 5ml decant and I DIDN'T EVEN LIKE IT! The opening smells like the floral notes of mala xiang guo peppers, and I hate mala, so that association ruined the fragrance for me, I could have saved that money if I had just gone to Sephora to test them out first.

No comments:

Post a Comment