Tuesday 19 September 2023

10th Cycle - Last Day Cohesion Stuff.

Today is the official last day of my very last ICT cycle and I was pleasantly surprised by it because for the very first time (and last time for me), we were all required to meet at a SAFRA located in the West side, more specifically, at Choa Chu Kang. 


In the past, all the Cohesion I have attended after our ICT  would usually be held at locations like Tampines because my airbase is located in the East, so it makes sense, which in turn always makes it very inconvenient for me, but this time, they actually decided to do it in the West and the journey to get there from my place only took a mere 10 - 15 minutes drive, majority of the other ICTs were protesting but they were to no avail, I personally am not used to having to attend any sort of SAF related events that requires less than 15 minutes travel time, so my convenience at their expense was like a nice goodbye gift.



We were asked to meet at a LAN Shop within Choa Chu Kang SAFRA, and initially, I had assumed maybe we would meet at the LAN Shop first and then go to the bowling alley on that same level since that's usually what we always end up doing, bowling, but as I entered the LAN Shop, I noticed there were Pool tables there as well, so naturally, I thought we were going to play pool.



Well, after being in the LAN shop for about 15 minutes-ish,  we were still not given any sort of instruction whatsoever about what we were suppose to do there, so people just started helping themselves to the plethora of PCs in the LAN Shop, I would say about 60% of us were playing Computer Games while the rest were playing Pool. It was so weird because PC Gaming was the last thing I would have expected would be the plan for our cohesion, but there's always a first time for everything, and honestly, I think there was just no planning done at all. 


 

I attempted to play a few games on the computer, I tried Resident Evil 7, Crazy Taxi, Overwatch and Doom, I didn't find any of them particularly entertaining, then my Reservist Buddy decided he wanted to grab a bite at Burger King on the first floor because he was also not interested in any of the pre-installed games on the PC, it would have been better if the LAN Shop also had controllers because I would have really enjoyed playing Elden Ring with a controller, but anyways, I followed him, we had a quick breakfast there, then returned back to the LAN Shop and I barely played another round of Overwatch, before we were all instructed to go to the 5th floor for our lunch that had been catered for us, I pretty much just quit mid-game, so that will probably affect my matchmaking if I ever go back to playing that game again.



Since my Reservist Buddy and I just had Burger King, we were also too full to eat, so we just waited until it was time to return our Base Pass and Vehicle Label, which happened at about 12.30pm and then we were released




And that's how the very last Cohesion for my very last ICT Cycle went, aside from the location being of great convenience for me, the rest of the cohesion was very meh, the next time I get called up for anything Army related, I hope it will be for my MR Ceremony which will likely be either in March or April next year, it had better not be another 3 weeks high key.



I have to admit, I am feeling a bit sad because I have gotten a bit attached to the car, and also this will also be the last time I will have a legitimate reason to rent a car for an extended period of time. 3 weeks of driving has made me comfortable with the roads again and it's really such a pity that I will need to return the car tomorrow afternoon, 



I also have to return to work tomorrow, so that means I will need to drive the car to work, drop by laptop back in the office, do a bit of work, drive the car to top up the petrol and then return it to the workshop before taking a bus back to the office in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment