Monday 11 September 2023

10th Cycle - Day ?? & Peeing in a Bottle

I am about halfway through my Reservist and so far, this cycle has been a huge improvement compared to the last cycle. All my remaining Guard Duties are in the morning, so my body clock is very safe from getting messed up, I just have to readjust it so I actually can wake up at 4am everyday in order to actually get ready to report to camp by 5.45am.




Today, my duty is in the non air-conditioned emplacement and the weather was quite cooling for the entire 6 hours, I didn't feel sticky, I pretty much spend the entire time reading The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes on my kindle, which is a Hunger Games prequel, and snacking on my almonds, compared to the novel that I had read last cycle; Dune, the current novel is so much easier to read because it is a Young Adult novel. It is also kind of a fitting novel to read for my very last cycle because the original Hunger Games trilogy was what I was reading when I first entered this Airbase back in 2011 as a private, so to end of all National Service duty with the prequel novel really feels like a full circle moment.



During the Guard Duty this morning, I also decided to pee in a bottle instead of getting a Toilet Replacement because I noticed there were empty bottles laying around in the shed, I had wet wipes on hand to clean the bottles before I use them, I figured I would just give it a try and if it works, it's gross but I manage to keep the place piss free, it took a bit of adjusting but I was able to get everything in the bottle and nothing leaked, everything was where it was intended to be.



I would have called the whole process whole a major success had it not been for the fact that the CCTV Room might have caught me doing something suspicious with my fiddling because my walkie talkie immediately sounded and whoever was manning the CCTV had directed a message towards my emplacement, I'm sure they didn't see exactly what I was doing...



The CCTV is directly pointed into the Shed, so I was pushing myself as close to the wall as possible to make sure the camera can't see my bottom portion.



....but it definitely would have looked iffy on the camera. I have done the CCTV emplacement before in the past when I was still active, so I know how much zooming capabilities the cameras have, if they had zoomed it, they would have definitely seen me doing something suspicious. 



I am not sure if the CCTV had directed the message at me or if they had directed the message to the active solider to mess with him, but I was definitely flustered and had to stop my bottle peeing session abruptly, I quickly cleaned up and toss whatever I had introduced to the bottle onto the grass outside the shed, it wasn't great. No one came up to me to ask me about what I was doing when my duty was over, so I would assume it wasn't a big deal and hopefully, they think I was just playing with my phone and had just requested for me to make it less obvious by keeping my head up, hopefully. 



5 more Duties before I am officially done!  I will probably not be pissing in a bottle anymore and will just call the active to do a toilet replacement for the remaining duties that I have.




The great thing about my remaining duties is that they are all morning shifts, so my only sacrifice I have to make is waking up much earlier than usual, and by much earlier I mean around 3.45am - 4.00am, this will give me time to take a bath, have breakfast, give my stomach enough time to contemplate if it needs to take a No.2 after breakfast, and then take a 40 minutes drive to camp after and hope that for the next 6 hours I am stuck there, I don't get a stomachache.



My days off is also very consistent, which is fantastic, I have a full day off after every 2 days of 6 hour duties per day, so I don't get too tired of it, and of course, with the way the emplacement is now, it is so much better, we literally just have to sit in the shed for 6 hours whilst the active soldiers are the ones who will have to walk back and forth to check all the incoming vehicles. 



Update : 


I brought the Peeing in a Bottle stuff up to one of the active soldier that was also in the CCTV room on the day and he told me no one saw anything because apparently, the cameras weren't even pointed at the shed, it was pointing somewhere else.



So hurray to me not being seen known by the active soldiers as that fucking weirdo ICT who was playing with his schlong in the emplacement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment