Tuesday 5 September 2023

10th Cycle - Day 3 and more perfume stuff

 Today has been a day of good revelations. 



My reservist buddy who got charged today for skipping his IPPT was able to talk to the commander who was charging him to confirm if him and I will actually MR after this cycle, and I am happy to announce that he got confirmation we will in fact ROD and that this will really be our last cycle.  So hurray to the last 3 weeks of my NS commitments forever.



Today is also the start of my very first Guard Duty and I have come to find out that the non air-conditioned emplacement will now have a separate area for the sentry to be stationed at, which is in a little shed facing the main gate, that means when cars drive in, they will see us and we will see them head on, I actually think the set up is great because it separates the ICT from the active soldier that we will be doing duty with, which means I won't feel obligated to have to start conversations with them and can just really do my own thing, like read my Kindle. Now I wish I had one or two evening or midnight duties just so I can actually have that private spot to myself to snack on my tidbits and just watch Netflix and Disney+ on my phone, but all my duty timing is in the daytime so I will never be able to experience that at all.



Being alone honestly sounds a lot more enticing then being in the air-conditioned emplacement for me, but of course when the heat from the afternoon sun hits, I might be singing a different tune. 




The duty today was only 3 hours long, so it was pretty quick, the active solider that is suppose to be doing the duty with me switched 2 times over that 3 hour period. When I first went in to replace the sentry who was doing the morning shift, I started conversation with the active who was already in there, assuming he was going to be doing the next 3 hours with me, we made small talk but then about 15 minutes later, another one comes in and replaces him because it turns out he has been doing the morning shift and his replacement was late. I am not someone who has the energy who keep starting small talk with strangers, so when that second guy came in, I honestly had no mood to do small talk and kinda just did my own thing, he also didn't make any effort to start a conversation, so we did our own things quietly, but then about an hour into the shift, a third person comes in and replaces the quiet active soldier, I made eye-contact with the new guy, said a quick Hi and then went back to reading my Kindle. This third active was more proactive in trying to have a conversation, so we ended up having small talk every few minutes very sporadically, and then my 3 hours were up. I also ended up driving him out of the airbase afterwards because he needed a lift out, so I dropped him off at the nearest bus stop, which is still 2km away from the camp. 





Nothing very eventful happened, I went to top up the car petrol after that and filling it to full tank cost me $100, the car was about 25% full when I went into the petrol station, it's so bloody expensive, I might have to end up spending $400 on petrol for the next 2 weeks and I have already spend so much on my perfumes. Literally just spend $90 in camp yesterday to get a Baccarat Rouge 540 dupe. 



This is the Baccarat Rouge 540. I got a 5ml decant from Shopee, it was not bad but getting a 35ml bottle of this from the official website would set me back $260.00.


So I got the dupe from a local perfume maker instead at $90 for a 100ml bottle. I thought I like the smell of the original, that is why I went to get the dupe, but after spraying it again AFTER I made the purchase, I came to realize I don't actually like it as much as I thought, the only reason why I liked it in the first place is because I was comparing it to another 5ml decant I got from the same shopee seller.




The Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille.



I really didn't like it because the clove smell is way too strong and the tobacco note is also very prominent, which should have been obvious because it's literally the first word in the perfume's name, but I was so focused on the Vanille that I overlooked it and that's why I ended up not liking it very much. It does smell alright once the perfume dries down on my skin like 2 hours after the intial spray because that's when the clove and tobacco notes kind of take a back seat and the vanilla starts to come out, but even then, it's still too much for me.



So when I am comparing the Baccarat Rouge 540 to the Tom Ford Tobaccos Vanille, I thought I loved the former, but it turns out I just really really dislike the latter a lot. It's also not cheap, the 5ml decant for the Tobacco Vanille was $28.00.



Sigh, I will be expecting to get the dupe today, it's a bit upsetting honestly, that I made that impulse buy, I could have used that money, topped it up a little more to get the Mod Vanilla instead, which is a scent I know I like, but what is done is done, hopefully the dupe will have some slight differences from the original Baccarat Rouge 540 that will make me really love it as much as I thought I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment