Monday 24 June 2013

Life as a working adult.

Today is the official start of my working life.



Went to the EXPO today to help the company with the current roadshow, and every time my boss started talking about interior decorating to a client, I can't help but imagine how much more interested I would have been and how much more input I would have been able to give if they were talking about baking. Plus I was given a floor plan to do some space planning and I sucked at it.... that's essentially how my day ended, me being told how bad I was at planning space, she didn't say it literally but that's what it essentially translate to.




Oh, actually my day ended with my thighs smacking full force against as an MRT ez-link Barrier. I've seen people getting squashed by it before, and I have to admit it's actually quite funny, but I didn't expect to become one of it's victims.

MRT ez-link Barrier uses "Guillotine".


I was on my way in after work about to take the train home and decided to use the entrance for wheelchair bound people, because it was nearer to me and I was too lazy to walk that few centimeters further to the normal one, so as I tapped my card, the barrier opened and as I was walking past the barriers, some genius Indian guy decides to tap the card from the other end, because the wheelchair bound entrance works both ways, and the barrier decides to do a quick close and reopen while I was still midway through it. Ended up smacking my leg against the barrier at full force, it was not pretty for me.





Tomrrow is another work day, and the day after and the day after, at least in the army there's like off day 50% of the time, like 2 days work and 2 days off, and even when I'm "working", I can be doing something fun like watching a movie, or an entire TV Series, so far I've watched Vampire Diaries, New Girl, Once Upon a Time, Up All Night, Grimm and probably a lot more, and it's not one by one, I watch them in bulk episodes. Army life really isn't that bad for me... in fact it's actually really good, so good in fact that I fear all my luck has run out dry and I'm probably gonna get a real shitty job... which I can't gauge now because it's just the first day.



I'm not going to be optimistic about the job, because becoming too optimistic always leads to bigger disappointments, so I'm gonna just picture how much worst it can get and start feeling better when it doesn't get as bad as I imagined. My imagination is pretty dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment