Thursday 13 June 2013

Hi~

Took almost an entire week for me to suddenly get job offers from companies.



Called At-Sunrice today to clarify some stuff as well. And turns out the reason why my application took so long to process was because they were clearing out the July intake people first before moving on to the September intake, which is what I have applied for. I think that's what they are doing because I called to check other stuff and the person told me roughly that's what happen.


Initially I was a bit flustered because I heard my friend actually got into the school already, I applied probably a day earlier if not more, and I haven't even gotten an interview. So called them to double confirm if my application was sent in and if they have received my application fee... both did, and was assured that I had nothing to worry about because it turns out my friend got confused with "accepted" and "applied", the lady on the line was a bit shock because by right it should take them 3 weeks to send out acceptance letters to their student.



 So all that rant, the post that I have retracted from my blog, was awkward because the lady on the line, who happens to be the same lady whom I consistently tried to email multiple times, was the same person. She sounded nice, although the first person I called a few days back was kinda shit at his job.... it's probably his accent, I couldn't really understand what the hell he was saying, if I could ask him to speak with a British accent without sounding racist, I would.




And at the same time, I've managed to get 2 jobs interview, both of which are extremely different from one another, one was for a job I applied for a week ago when I just applied for Culinary School, and that's as a part time baker, and the other I applied today, out of sheer spite because I thought my acceptance into Culinary School is screwed, which is for an Interior Design firm.



Now I have to wait for the school to respond so I can know which one to reject. Not having any income feels terrible, after having a steady stream of cash coming into my bank every month for the last 2 years, steady but it's like a trickling stream, not a lot but enough for a stay at home couch potato, and then suddenly not having any is weird. I feel so poor I actually have to control my spending even more.




That's another reason why I purchased a Nokia Lumia 920 instead of a HTC One. Managed to sell my Army Phone away on Hardware Zone. The joys of actually bothering to meet a buyer, had to create a new account because my old one is probably not very trustworthy, I backed out of a few deals I made, well I told them I have another buyer but the truth is I was feeling a bit like a hoarder back then.




Sold both iPhone and Huawei for a Nokia phone. Who trades iOS and Android OS for a Windows OS? Cheapskates like myself. There's no instagram on Windows so that's a bit sad, but the interface for the phone is really sleek.Very Minimalist. I like minimalist designs but I hate when design students use that word to describe their design style because it just sounds like an excuse for them to be lazy... and it's so bloody overused, even I'm guilty of it.... that's why my results are so shit. That's what happens to hypocrites.



One thing I noticed about the 2 stores that I went to to get my phone is that the store assistants there all look like they are having the most boring day of their life, or like they are high because their face are always having a -_- expression, all they need is a shisha and a beanie and they are hippified.




Pretty mediocre customer service but their prices are really good. It's shit though because their shop used to have the most helpful customer service I've ever seen... or the one I patronize. They use to recommend other  phones to me if the one I'm wanting is out of stock and they were very friendly, now it's just a lot of -_- and they aren't really helpful at all. Actually I can't really blame them for the latter because I was literally standing at their store front staring at their phone boxes without moving, one thing people have to understand is phone designs are now all pretty shit because they all look the same, so I wasn't exactly spoilt for choice that I had to stand like an AFK character in front of their store, it's more of a lack of choice, I had to choose the best of the worst.



Sure phones are now filled with more features and what not, but I'm pretty shallow and all the really care about is the design of the phone... until I get home and start using the phone will I start regretting my decision. It happened with the Lumia, but now I've gotten over it.




It's cheaper than the one I was aiming for by $200... the one that I wanted both stores didn't sell. That was a pity because the HTC Butterfly would have been an awesome phone. Actually a store did sell but I wasn't so sure about it's reputation.



Well hopefully the rumors are true and Windows will get an Instagram app later this month. But more importantly, hopefully I can get an Interview for at-Sunrice soon, otherwise that rant is gonna go back up again. It's currently reverted back to draft format so it still exist... like my Chastity.

No comments:

Post a Comment