Monday 27 December 2010

Nom.Nom.Nom.

I've spend the Christmas week attempting to make Macarons hoping for a miracle to happen.


Smooth Top with Helluva Ugly Bottom = Perfect Macaron
Disclaimer :The above Macaron was not made by me

When you make Macarons, and they don't have any "feet", that's considered a failed product... I'm not a perfectionist, half the time if something goes awry in my school project I will just do fuck all and just continue and leave the accidentally chopped off finger in the model... but forsome reason I got really obsessed with trying to perfect the macaron.



I have probably made like 7 or so batches if not more... whisking the egg whites with my handwhisk because I do not own a KitchenAid... gotta thank Santa for that. I believe the best kitchen mixer you can get is a KitchenAid because its colorful and I'm shallow that way.


Did a shitload of research on Macaron, tips and tricks, images and even looked up Youtube videos and rewatched them over and over again to see what I did wrong. Now I have utmost respect for this guy

The Brother of the Actor who played the Gay Dad in Modern Family
No he's not. This guy's Pierre Herme, pâtissier, single and available.
Loves long walks on the beach and making Macarons before slapping his perfect treats in the faces off all the amatuer pastry cooks.
One of the best Macaron maker in the world.


After a week of Macaron hell, I've finally found my own method of making those pesky "feet" appear... only thing left to do is to see how I can perfect the surface of the Macaron and find away to prevent the bottom part of the Macaron from getting stuck of the parchment paper, which I've managed to use up in a week... all 5 meter of it.



I have no picture to show because the Macaron shells did not survive their separation surgery from the Parchment Paper.. if you are interested to see how it would have looked like just Google "bloody accident" with the safe search filter off. The shell cracked but it was still delicious, I scrapped it off the parchment paper to eat... in fact I ate all the failed macaron shells.


There's nothing wrong with eating delicious failed product.


-Macaron Journey ends here for now because my Mom's complaining, telling me I'm wasting electricity ,I thought she was gonna tell me I was wasting food because I threw all the yolks away . I'm gonna let her breathe for a day and tomorrow I'm gonna continue, or maybe later tonight-

No comments:

Post a Comment