Thursday 20 March 2014

Love Durain Cake.

It's the third day of work and so far everything is going well.



Frosted about a hundred cupcakes today, which was initially quite fun but that joy quickly went away after the 3rd tray of 24 cupcakes, my attention span  is rather short so that's why I get bored really quickly, but I'd rather do that than Interior Designing that's for sure, it's better to start out excited and get bored gradually than to start out bored and then suffer a slow and painful death by boredom afterwards.



After frosting was more baking, and I baked about a hundred vanilla cupcakes. Was suppose to make 2 batches but I was so slow that the sous chef just told me to finish up 1 batch and leave the next batch on hold for tomorrow.I really don't like to fuck my future-self by giving him more work but I didn't want to work overtime, so I happily agreed and was able to leave the bakery by 4.15 pm, 45 minutes earlier than my first 2 days..





One of the perks of working in a bakery is the free bakes I get to bring home. Asked one of my colleagues how the bakery's food tasted and she told me she would make extra tarts so I could bring them home to try.

Free Stuff.

I didn't think she would actually do it because the orders that we have to complete everyday are usually quite large, but she did make some extra so I was very grateful. The Lemon Meringue Tart barely survived the onslaught of a journey in my bag pack on the way home as evident from the scraps of meringue smeared on the side of the tupperware but the Caramel Tart made it home safely. 



That pistachio nut belonged to the other tart.


So I finally got my birthday cake, 5 days after my birthday. 





I always ask my Mum to get me a durian cake for my birthday because chocolate cakes are so overrated, I eat them when I am hungry so that one doesn't feel special and I need a cake that will feel special. Was originally going to get Angie The Choice but decided to get the one from Goodwood Park Hotel instead.



There was more durian mousse than cake and usually I hate cakes that have more mousse than actual sponge cake but because it was made with fresh durian pulp, I decided to embrace the ginormous layers of mousse.


I was a bit stuffed when I ate the first slice though because prior to that slice of cake, I was busy stuffing myself with the free tarts so I didn't get to enjoy my birthday cake to it's maximum potential, but tomorrow morning I shall give it another go and hopefully experience durian cake induced euphoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment