Sunday 7 July 2013

New phone... half a year late.

Nokia Lumia has taken the second spot in my record list for being the shortest phone to ever be owned by me, the first is a Japanese keitai I bought in a whim in the past which I later sold away like 2 weeks later, story of my Keitai experience at Sim Lim Square, not one I'd like to relive.


The phone is pretty shit, first was the lack of apps in the app store, next, as minor as it might be for most people, was the fact that Nokia and Windows didn't implement a setting for auto-rotate in the phone, so you can't actually switch it off, it flips to landscape mode every time you flip the phone, people who uses their phone to surf the net while they are lying on their side in bed will understand the pain and lastly was the fact that the phone had a defect, whenever I use my phone to make a call or receive one, people on the other side won't be able to hear me unless I hold the phone completely vertical.




So I can't take my calls like Christian Bale because the phone will assume my voice is background noise and filter it out. That is already happening in real life when I am speaking to people, I can't let even my phone do that to me. That actually happened to me today while I was trying to order a cup of fruit juice in the food court today, the shopkeeper ignored my presence completely, the urge to hurl vulgarities at him was extremely high, feel like taking his hand and stick it in the fruit blender, he will be so confused, the entire time on his way to the hospital, he will be wondering, was it a ghost that stuck his hand in the fruit blender?


So I sold that phone yesterday after weeks of contemplating, best decision ever, because now my HTC Butterfly is feeling so much more familiar to me. Android OS, you have been missed, have been using an Android for so long, all the memories of using it in camp to watch movies and surf the internet, miss those days when the only thing I have to worry about is if I have enough shows in my phone to watch for the days I am in camp, and iOS as well, but that got me into trouble, both in the army and in terms of phone bill, so it's bittersweet... I racked up an extra $40 in data charges because I kept surfing Youtube and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to disclose the other reason so I shan't.


Now I hardly have any free time to download movies to watch, today is the only full day of free time I had gotten since I started work and I have to get back to work tomorrow. Oh the joys of it.



Anyways, my phone is currently awesome, although when I bought it, I could overhear one of the worker there telling his colleague I was "siao" or crazy for buying a HTC Butterfly at this point of tme, reason being because a newer version of the HTC Butterfly is coming out called HTC Butterfly S this month. I knew it was coming out but I didn't realize it was coming out this month until I went back and did a more thorough research. But it's going to be one thousand bucks when it gets released and I'm not prepared to dish out so much money for a phone.... yet. And my plan is gonna be ungradeble in November, so that means new phone is 4 to 5 months time.


Yay for no financial planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment