Tuesday 27 April 2010

27/04/2010

I am currently watching videos on Youtube.



Taking a look at all the cool phones in Japan right now, or last year. I don't know exactly what year they are from since they have an assortment of gorgeous clamshell phones which are oddly similar looking.


As I was browsing through all the fantastic phones, I chanced upon a video of the current phone I am holding, the Xperia X10 also known as SO-01B in Japan. 



I like the name SO-01B.



It is so baffling, that on it's release date, there are these shitload of Japanese men queuing up outside the DoCoMo store waiting to get their hands on a SO-01B. I didn't really have to queue up for mine, well, actually on second thought I did, but the queue wasn't exactly long, there were this 2 senior citizens at the front of the queue I was queuing asking the questions old people would ask about gadgets, which essentially means all the questions you can possibly ask about gadgets.



They are old and modern day gadgetry are not their thing so I understand. They probably forgot what they wanted to ask and the they had to constantly jolt up each other's memory like 24/7, they are old.



I think I just made that old people thing up, there wasn't any oldies couple, just a single old lady who managed to pull the customer service guy out from the customer service booth and me being the next in line after her wasn't happy.



I want to get a queue number!


Oh, yes, there are 2 waiting lines. First to get a queue number that's bombarded by oldies and the next, to wait for your number to be called out, which is slightly less bombarded by old people since everyone is just walking around the store looking at dummy phones which are probably 50% spoilt. People can apparently slide a dummy phone till the sliding mechanism gets spoilt, that, my friends is what you call skill, even a stress machine at some Samsung factory can't do that kind of damage to a phone.



After probably like 15 minutes of walking around and playing around with all the damaged dummy phone models, my number was called, it wasn't as exciting as I thought it would sound. My Aunt who came along with me didn't squeal in excitement with me, I needed adult supervision so I asked her along. I am 20 years old alright, that's extremely young for an individual to go out to a mobile store alone, in the afternoon, with a lot of people.



And I finally got myself a SO-01B, Japanese men are probably so jealous of my gloating now. SO-01B ! Well, probably not since mine is called the X10 and there isn't any DoCoMo engraving at the back of my phone but it's almost a keitai.



Of course there being a choice of either black or white, I went for the white one because I am racist. No, I am not racist, well, maybe a little but you won't be able to tell, I treat everyone fairly, I give everyone a fair share of bread when I have a chance, a loaf for the white men and a pinch for the black men. Fairness is screaming my name, and so is sarcasm in this whole paragraph to those who think I am really racist.


Lesson learnt though, after getting the white phone. 


White phones will turn to an off-yellow colour, at least the black one will stay black, because it's already extremely dirty and all. Plus the white one has a glossy battery cover at the back, the black one is a matte finish.



I am such a genius, already staining my phone during the early stages of usage.


My partner in crime? My sweaty palms. 


That Bitch ! 


This post is so 2 weeks ago, because I bought my phone roughly 2 weeks ago. 17th April 2010 to be exact, life's been so dull with nothing much to report, so I thought it would be great to record my adventures in getting an Xperia X10 a SO-01B down.

No comments:

Post a Comment