Monday 19 April 2010

19/04/2010

After my internship ended, I was actually pretty sad about it because I thought I was going to miss the people working there.



School started today and I realise that I will actually miss so much more. I was actually reminiscing the direct bus rides to and fro my workplace, being together with all the working adults. 


Missing the times when I can just go to the company's toilet and sit there watching "UP" on my iPod Touch. Missing the company's people gossiping really loudly, the cold stares I get from my colleagues as they walk pass the kitchen area where I will be seated most of the time with my other intern mates.




It's just really depressing today to go back to school and find out how sadly small my social circle in school really is. How I have to push my intelligence level to that of a kid all of a sudden to speak to some people and how I have to increase my tolerance level to that of an adult.



A group project isn't my ideal choice to start the new term, in a group with people I am not that close to for the next 8 weeks. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that I would much prefer to be in a group that I would actually be glad to be a part of. 



We headed down to a site today for a visit and I just remembered all the things I did during my Internship, a proper site visit as compared to the ones where I went out with my group mates, the difference is huge. 


I'm suddenly entering depression because my ITP is over and I have to go back to school. My internship just made me realise how different the environment between school and a proper workplace is, and I would much rather be in a proper workplace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment