Friday 9 April 2010

10/04/2010

I was actually planning to write a post about all the angst I have towards a particular person. But I think I am going to leave that out of this blog and write it in another one.


Think positive for this blog. Only positivity. 


Well, I suddenly have this topic I want to talk about on this blog. I will try to write it out as positive as possible.



So what Exactly does it mean to have great taste in music ?


I am not very sure, every time people say..

"You have great taste in music."


Do they mean it in a way that speaks for everyone or do they speak for themselves and that's how they feel base on their own taste of music.


Isn't a person's taste in music subjective?


I listen to mainstream music, that doesn't mean I have bad taste in music. I listen to Indie music, that doesn't mean I have great taste in music. It just means I am open to a variety of music genres and that means that makes people who say "You have great taste in music" a little narrow minded.
 

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to judge people like that because I have no rights but it just rubs me off the wrong way when people say that to others. 


They have great music taste because they share the same music taste as you. Self complimenting. I don't like people who praise themselves unless they are joking, like me, all the time because I am hilarious. 



I feel so Zen right now I am actually picturing a wooden graining in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment