Monday 18 January 2021

More Issues

Over the weekend, my company held a private event and when I went for the event, I really wasn't expecting to get any new customer leads, or at least, I wasn't expecting to get any decent customer leads because past experiences has taught me that the leads we have been getting have been going from bad to worst. 



I am also right now in a state of limbo, on one had, I am out of projects and am interested to look for new ones to run, but on the other hand, because I am out of projects, I am in the perfect position to look for a new job because I am not being tied down by any project commitments.



So I went to the event, not really expecting anything, maybe get one bad lead and then that's it, but nope, instead of getting 1 shitty lead, I got 3 decent ones, the last 2 actually being really good leads. They had a reasonable budget, I was able to click with them and at one point, I honestly felt like the universe was playing some kind of sick joke on me by introducing me to this good leads.




For the next few days, I seriously started contemplating to just stay in this industry and give it a another shot, which at this point would be my fourth or fifth shot, and we all know how those shots went. 



Anyways, I started doing the 3D models for those projects over the past 2 days and decided I was going to start working on the quotation today, so I did and then my phone buzzes. I didn't think too much about it and thought it was probably one of my family or company group chat going off, I continued doing the quote until I started losing focus and decided to check on my phone...




"4 Messages from "The Antoinette""  



... and then the urge to give this industry another shot just went away. 



I needed a reminder why I dislike this job and the reminder was given to me in the form of the Antoinette bringing up another issue they had found. 



After that whole electrical fiasco with their own electrician, I was not hoping to get another issue but here we are, a new one to connect us to one another all over again! I have never had to deal with a client for as long as I have to deal with them, especially after the project has been completed since the middle of last year. 



Thankfully the issue was relatively straightforward, but it is going to end up eating into my commission so fuck my life on that front.




After that issue found it's resolution, Mr Antoinette informs me that he has gotten his electrician in and they will be fixing the previous electrical problem today. I am going to have to pay for the repair and I wanted to mentally prepare my wallet, so I ask him how much it will cost, figuring since the electrician is already there, he can directly ask that tattletail fucker of an electrician how much he is going to charge them and he replies with...




"We will see later when he is done!"




... awesome. 


Ask the electrician to do first and then worry about the price later, that's fucking great.




This is one aspect of the job that I will NOT MISS AT ALL once I find a new job and leave this industry as a Project Manager, and to be able to direct The Antoinettes to my manager and have his side deal with all their future problem is a text message I am looking forward to sending, not just to The Antoinettes but to all my current clients. 



I have 2 more interviews set up later this week, not sure if they will end up becoming a waste of time like my last one, but the fact that I am going for interviews give me some hope that I may be able to leave this job behind soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment