Saturday 11 August 2018

Tired & Stressed

Woke up this morning feeling really really sick of my job.


Spend the night texting a client yesterday about what is the best fan to buy, which color would suit his house best and then discussed about the additional items he wanted to remove from his renovation.



His renovation cost about $20,000 and I spend an hour yesterday trying to update his quote because he wanted to remove the installation cost for a few additional lights at his rooms, 2 additional lights to be exact, which only amounts to $24.00, against a $20,000, that is not even 1% of the entire renovation cost. It was really confusing because instead of telling me he wanted to...



"Cancel the light installation for the 2 rooms."



... he used the phrase "terminate the light point" and I thought when he said terminate, he meant it in electrical terms, which is to essentially connect the point to a connector so he can install the lights himself. I had to update the quote 4 times and normally, I would apologize for the errors in the previous quotes, but last night, I just didn't want to apologize for it because he was the one who was confusing me, so I made it a point not to sound apologetic and he managed to save $24. I could have given it to him for free, but I wasn't feeling very generous last night.



Today, I will be dealing with the sly fox and his wife, have to leave home in about another 10 minutes so I will probably update the situation again when I get back. I don't even know if they remember we were suppose to meet today, I couldn't be fucked to actually remind them about it, but sly fox stays nearby, so I guess he can just walk over if he isn't out shopping.



I'm feeling really exhausted having to deal with all this projects right now, with my reservist coming up the next Thursday, I am really trying to rush all this projects so I can spend my time in camp not be bothered by any of my clients, they are aware I am in camp, so I hope they can also give me some space to breathe.



A few months ago, I thought I would only be running a single project while I am at my reservist, at that time, I was also feeling done with this career, after having to deal with a few pain in the ass of a client then, I just didn't feel like it was worth it, but look at me now, having 4 projects and one of them is a huge pain in the ass, the other are still quite docile right now, but if I have learned anything from dealing with the sly fox, it's that every client will have the possibility to become a huge pain in my fucking ass, from "best client in the world" to fucker who is making my skin break out from the stress of having to deal with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment