Friday 25 April 2014

Cakes and more cakes.


I'm not sure what constitutes a good red velvet cake but the one I got from Lady M was pretty top notch, if I am happy with the first bite, then it's, in my opinion, a pretty darn good slice of cake.

Should really check the price next time though, I just ordered it without realizing it was almost $10 for a slice of it, that being said, I would probably get it again when I am craving for cake and am near the shop. 


Even though I have been working at the bakery for a little over a month now, I haven't actually tried any of the cupcakes they sell, excluding those I sneak a bite when no one is around because it's not really a cupcake if there's no frosting on it. 



So yesterday, whilst frosting the cupcakes, I decided to whack a small dollop of cream cheese frosting on an extra cup of carrot cake. I like the addition of the pistachio nuts, not so much the golden ball sprinkles because those did not give it an extra crush like the pistachio nuts, it felt more like an injury waiting to happen in my mouth because those golden balls, as pretty as they look, are really hard to bite down on, so every time when I am actually trying to bite into them, I feel like I might exert too much pressure and just accidentally bite down into my gum and shove the golden ball sprinkle down into the newly created wound on my gum.



Today, I had to head down to the cake stall to actually deliver a fondant cake for an order that was due today, the whole journey there was a bit stressful because instead of actually taking a cab down, I had to take the train, it wasn't as stressful as the first time when I had to deliver a butter cream cake over but it was still stressful nonetheless.




If people came close to me I would just stare them away... like when I am stuck and having no choice but to stand in a crowded bus in the morning, and then someone who's seated down decides to stand up and pushes his or her way through the crowd of people while the bus is still moving and then plants themselves at the exit door,  invading everyone's personal space. The feeling I get when someone gets close to me as I am carrying the box of cake is roughly the same but with lesser enmity.





Managed to bring back some cupcakes today when I delivered the cake. The boss said I could get 6 free cupcakes to try and I have already eaten 3 of them, which explains why I am getting a sore throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment