Sunday 21 March 2010

21/03/2010

Today I find out the importance of having a whisk when making meringues.


It's amazing how much less effort I need with a whisk. But of course my arms still felt like they were about to burst, I could feel my veins about to pop.


All that whisking made me so proud of myself, to be able to single handedly whisk the egg whites into something so glossy and firm. People with the right mindset would use a machine to whisk but because I am so hardworking and didn't have any machine to use, seeing that egg white turning into solid peaky whiteness was extremely gratifying. 


I felt good about myself, if I could I would pat myself on the back but my arms were so sore I just gave that a miss. And then, I find out my oven isn't working. 


That has got to be the cherry on top of that whole baking process. Well, it's not really baking because the oven is not working !


Ended up using the mini oven. It was a mess. All my hardwork, gone, all 20  minutes of  it.  I tried to shove a few in my mouth, it was stickiskly hard on the outside and soft on the inside, and the best part, it tasted like raw egg whites.


So hurray to failed Meringue. 



Gosh I hate that stupid oven, I blame all my baking failures on it. It's not the baker, it's the oven. Blame the oven because that's how responsible I am. 



No really, it's the oven. 



No comments:

Post a Comment