Monday 30 August 2021

Event Finale

Yesterday was the last day of the Warehouse Sales Event, apparently it only happens once every 3 to 4 years, so I won't have to go through that again anytime soon until 4 years later, if I am able to stay with my current company for that long.



The bad thing about yesterday was I had zero help for my carpet section, so there weren't any designated workers who could help me unroll and reroll the carpets when a customer wanted to see the full piece, I had to go around asking for help to unroll if the carpets were too big to do it solo. There weren't a lot of customers who were requesting to see the full piece, but when they do, the nicer ones will usually offer to help roll the carpet out with me, which I really appreciated. 



Oh, and the Ang Mo Zha Bo came back yesterday and she asked me to roll out 3 large carpets for her to see.


I don't know what the fuck some of this customer's problems are, I actually took time to convert all the carpet measurements from inches to meters, wrote it on the fucking tags, and morons like that Ang Mo Zha Bo can still tell me...



"Oh, the carpet is a little too big for us."



... after I got all 3 fucking carpets for her, how about you take your fucking floorplan out, double confirm the measurements of the carpets you can get before asking me to roll the fucking carpets that are too large for your rooms out.



I got really irritated after she left, so I didn't bother to roll up the 3 large carpets for like a good 20 minutes, but then I got a little bored because I had nothing much to do, so I went to roll all 3 up on my own,  and then not even 10 minutes later, 1 customer requested for me to unroll one of the 3 fucking carpet again. BUT AT LEAST THIS CUSTOMER GOT THE CARPET, so I didn't roll out it for fuck all, and he also assisted me a little.


It was really quite a tiring day, but on the upside, I got my salary, which was a nice surprise. It has been a really long while since money came into my account in the form of a salary, it feels almost dangerous because for the past 4 years, whenever I spend any money, I know the money isn't going to replenish automatically at the end of the month, in fact, it could be many months before it gets replenished, which always made me feel a bit more guilty every time I do spend more on certain things, but to have that assurance that I will be getting the money in at the end of the month, I don't feel as worried about spending as much anymore.   



Speaking of money, I am not even sure when I can get the money from my 2 current projects, they are almost complete, and if I don't have to juggle a full time job whilst handling those 2 projects, it would be a relatively stress-free experience, but that is obviously not the case I cannot wait for this projects to be over! My commission aside, I just really really want to be done with them because the moment the clients signs the handover forms and makes the final payment, any future problems that they may have will not be my problem anymore, it will be the company's problem to deal with, and the thought of that just feels very comforting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment