Friday 12 March 2021

ICT Seventh Cycle - Final Duty

The final duty today went as well as it could have gone, I got up at about 4am today, made a cup of coffee and toast, was contemplating drinking the $200 vitamin supplement because I am suppose to take a cup every morning, but decided not to just because it is a  little too early and I needed caffeine to wake me up. Did a bit of internet surfing and then booked a Grab and headed to camp. 



My duty started almost immediately once I reach camp, I got my rifle and was pretty much doing my duty within the 10 minutes, after the duty was done, I managed to get a Grab within like a 1 minute of opening the app and successfully made my way home an hour later.




The weather was nice on the way out and I was once again very lucky to be able to get a Grab today, I did have back up rides out though, but my lazy ass would rather one shot take a ride all the way home for my last duty.





 And with that, my final duty for this cycle is over! 



I have spend at least $150 for round this reservist because of Grab, it is really quite ridiculous, but I like doing my duty at this part of the camp because it's just so much more lax compared to the main camp. I can sit down during my duty, I can use my phone during my duty openly, there is hardly any traffic during peak hours and half the time I was doing my duty in an air-conditioned room.




If possible, I would actually prefer to come back to this camp during my next cycle, I am even considering taking a rider's license just so I can get a scooter and be able to travel easily to and fro, also having my own mode of transport would be great in general as well for the future.


Anyways, I will have to report to the main camp again on Monday to officially complete this cycle, work also starts tomorrow, have an appointment to attend to, and suddenly I feel the work stress coming back. 


This round of job hunt also feels like it's not really going anywhere, so I will probably start taking projects again and just see how the job applications I have submitted during the past 2 weeks go, if I get an interview and somehow land a new job, then good for me, I will move on and pass my projects to my manager to take over, if not, at least I will still have future commissions to rely on. 


Actively stopping new projects from coming in under the assumption that I will definitely get  a new job was a really stupid move on my part because now, my income is going to be dry for at least the next 3 months.



 Sometimes I can't decide which stress is worst, the stress my clients are giving me, or the stress from not having any projects, all I know is I am constantly stressed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment