Tuesday 2 July 2019

Tiny Project

Got my hands on a new project today, probably my smallest one to date, just a meager $3,000. It's purely doing just carpentry work and I will probably earn like $400 in commission from it, the client walked in on Saturday, we had a short discussion, she left and then came back 2 days later to confirm.



I have never really taken on such a small project before, it feels a little weird because it wasn't so much a renovation project but a custom furniture purchase, which I have never really done on such a small scale before. 


Small projects like this are honestly not very difficult to do, all I have to do on my end is prepare the 3D Drawings, meet her and my carpenter on site once, and then leave everything to my carpenter, I assume it's going to be a pretty hands-off experience, unless the client evolves into a Jenny or a Sly Fox, but that is pretty much the only thing I have to fear.



Speaking of Jenny, I will be meeting her and Jonny very soon to discuss the Brick problem, I have managed to come up with a solution for their colour issue and I hope their issue is purely with the colour right now, if they are going to start complaining about the texture of the wall, I really don't know what I will do, I literally can't think of any response to that, maybe crying would work? 


Zero points for professionalism but a hundred points for guilt-tripping. I really cannot wait for the project to end to finally be rid of them as clients. Maybe once the project ends, I will look back and think to myself...



"Actually, they are not that bad."




...maybe. But with the amount of post that has been dedicated to them, I high doubt it, they will probably end up becoming a stain in my memory the way Sly Fox did, along with a few others whom I did not end up giving a name to, like this lil bitch, who up to date is probably my least favorite client to work with.



There is suppose to be a huge project in the horizon for me and I have been following up with the clients for that project for probably half a year now, but there has been so many breaks in between our meetings, sometimes I wonder if I will ever actually clinch that project. They have honestly invested quite a fair bit of time with me at this stage, so for them to suddenly back out last minute is highly implausible, but because we also haven't officially sign a contract yet, they won't really be making any sort of monetary loss if they choose to restart their hunt for another Interior Designer, just a lot of wasted time and effort on everybody's part.



As far as I am aware, they are planning to start the renovation in 2 months time, right after the Ghost Festival, and normally with any other clients, this would be a great time to confirm the contract so we can start getting into the design aspect of it, but currently the husband is overseas and the wife isn't really scheduling any appointments with me to run through anything, so the whole thing is now on-hold until the husband comes back which will be in about 4 weeks time, there isn't any sense of urgency from the wife, I really don't know what is going on because I know they are planning to engage me, but they just haven't, it feels like I am stuck in limbo with them, it's really fucking weird. I kinda want to give up on this project and tell them to find another Interior Designer if they are not going to confirm with me on anything soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment