Saturday 25 November 2017

Fucktards

My client from my third renovation are back at it again, ruining my day and making things fucking difficult for everyone.


Yesterday, they decided to bring their friends over to their house to show them around and when I found out about it, I can't help but get really nervous because there's nothing like a their friend telling them...



"I don't think your ID did a very good job with this."



"Get your ID to redo this part, it's not suppose to be like this."



.... to completely paranoid my already paranoid clients.



Thankfully, the major issues that I felt the house had were not brought up last night, but a lot of plumbing issues were, and I wouldn't really call them issues, but my clients friend turn them into issues for me.



Had I been the one to tell my clients..



"Hey, this is considered normal, so don't be too freaked out by it."



... and then slowly explain to them the reason why, they would have been more open to my reasoning and be convinced by it, but because it is their friend who told them first, I am getting screwed over for it.




Now the reason why I am actually writing a post about them today is not because of the inaccurate information their friends decided to share with them, it is because they themselves are giving me a lot of issues for a minor problem they have with the carpentry works, a small issue that if they want "fixed" would end up causing a lot of problems.



So they have this bedroom in their house that they have decided to convert into a study area, and they requested for a custom study table, so I came up with a design and they butchered it with their boring color selection, everything was confirm until it came to the electrical points, they didn't know where they wanted the points to be at, so I suggested to pull it inside their study table and conceal the top with a lid.








Similar to this. I have seen this done in other projects before so I was sure my carpenter was able to do something similar.




On the day of the installation, I realized my carpenter had open a little hole for the power outlets to sit in, but there wasn't any hinges for the little flap, it was just a loose cover, and so he explains to me that he had left out the hinges because installing it would cause some issues with the accessibility to the power plugs themselves. It made complete sense to me because it was a valid reason, so we proceeded with the installation.





Whether the flap had hinges or not, I felt was not really an issue, the main goal of the lid was to conceal the power outlets and it has achieve that goal, so I didn't really bother telling my clients about it, thinking they would share the same sentiments as me.





They didn't.





When I finally pointed out the issue to them, the husband was not happy about it and kept expressing his disappointment in the group chat, so I kept explaining to them that installing the hinges would make access to the power outlet difficult, to which the husband replied...




"I feel that without the hinges, it will be less user friendly and won't look as nice."




 ... Ummmm







I just told you it is going to be difficult to access the power outlets if you install the hinge and you reply with...


"It's not as user friendly without the hinge."




Do you even read?




And how much more aesthetically pleasing can the hinges be ? The whole point of the lid is to conceal the outlet plugs, which means the hinges are not meant to be seen, so whether the hinge are there or not, no one is going to fucking know visually because it is meant to be concealed.




And really? Aesthetics? I find this particular project to be the least aesthetically pleasing project out of all the projects I currently have on hand, so the addition of a few hinges isn't going to save it from that.




I had a few back and forth with my clients, where I just kept reiterating that it isn't going to benefit them if they installed the hinges, and for some reason, it just doesn't register at all, and then the husband tells me to draw a picture for him because he can't visualize how the hinge will affect the accessibility of the power plugs.





 I was so fucking irritated at that point I just didn't bother replying, I read the message and I am sure on their end, the message is marked as read, but I was so fucking exhausted mentally at that point, I just really didn't give a fuck if it made me come across as unprofessional, but about an hour later, I decided to ask my carpenter to just install the fucking hinges, since they want it so fucking much.




Of course, my carpenter tells me the same thing I told my client, that it won't be easy to use, that if they wanted to install the hinges, they better be sure about it because once those hinges are installed, they cannot be removed.




I really had no strength left to knock some common sense into them, so I just copy and paste whatever my carpenter told me into the group chat for them to read and they were still not fucking convince.





Your Interior Designer is advising you against it but you do not want to listen.
The Carpenter is advising you against it and you still do not want to listen.
The sheer stupidity.



I use to think they were just indecisive, now I can add stubbornness to the mix.




The husband even called me up to check and no amount of reasoning was able to convince him that installing the hinge was a bad idea, I could hear him sighing on the phone every time I tried to advise him against the hinge and I just wanted to sigh out loud as well.



I mean for fuck sake, it's just hinges, it really should not have been such a big deal, but the husband made it into such a big deal, although I am not sure if the wife had anything to say about it because for all I know, the wife could have been the one who was really unhappy about it but the husband was acting as her mouthpiece, I mean she pulled that shit before with the tiles and I fucking detested her for questioning my design decision and then having the audacity to share with me her preferred design, which is FUCKING AWFUL, a sentiment shared by all my colleagues.





Every time I try to do something nice for them, they find a way to pay back my kindness by giving me even more problems.



This concealed power outlet idea, I could have charged them an additional cost for it, but I decided to absorb it for them and look at how they reciprocate my kindness.




I have never been this irritated by a client.
Goes to show, I can't always judge a book by it's cover.
They were a joy to talk to, but a complete nightmare to work with.
Guess the only thing I wish I could say to them is this...



FUCK YOU AND FUCK OFF!



Really just can't wait for this project to be fucking done so I no longer have to deal with them.




---


They just texted me again with a new problem and honestly speaking, it's getting too much.


When I first offered to help them get a doorbell, I didn't think too much about it, I was at the area where they sold door bells, so why not.


They thanked me for it but a few days later, the wife requested for me to get lights for them because they didn't know where to buy it from, so I decided to help them get a few since there are a bunch of lighting shops around the placed I worked at.


They thanked me for it once again and at this point, I started to feel like they were taking advantage of my kindness, I assume that the wife must have thought....



"Oh, he bought once the doorbell once, so what's the harm in trying to get him to help us get the lights."



.... after that, I started to grow a bit wary of their request, and then today, the wife found some issues with the ceiling fan and ask me...



"Can you help us call the fan person?"



... like what the actual fuck? Call him yourself! It's not my fucking electrician who sold you the fan.




Her request was to have the fan shorten and tighten because it was wobbling too much.



Shortening the fan is not my problem, if you want to shorten the fan, get the manufacturer down to cut the rod for you, not my guys, and I told her that shortening the fan was not possible, because it's really not my problem, so even if it could be done, I'm just going to say it can't be done. This couple have honestly caused me so much fucking anxiety I just no longer want to help them anymore, if something can be done, but it's too troublesome for me, then go fix it yourself because I am no longer interested in problems that aren't related to me or any of my contractors.



So after telling her I can't shorten the fan, she decides to list down a to-do list in the group chat, and in one of the to-do, it's...




"Shorten and tighten ceiling fan."



... they don't fucking listen, it's like I'm like talking to two fucking walls.




And not surprisingly, one of the to-do is...



"Install Hinge for Power Outlet Lid."



.... even after sending them the audio message my carpenter send me about the disadvantages of having the hinge installed.





So this is essentially the list of problems I have to fix before the end of next week as listed out by her...



1. Solve Tile Lippage Issue.

2. Install Remaining Carpentry Works

3. Install Single Power Outlet

4.Painting Touch Up

5. Cleaning

6. Adjust Kitchen Tap Weights

7. Fucking Hinges

8. Install Solve Closing Casement Doors

9. Not my fucking problem Ceiling Fan



... and I'm going to run through how fucking invalid some of them area.


Point 1.

I have told them that lippages are to be expected.
Doesn't fucking believe me and keeps thinking my tiler did a bad job.
So I send my tiler down a few days ago and tried to rectify the problem.
The tiler did the best she could and I even told my clients that my tiler has done all she could with the lippage.
The very next day, my clients go back to their unit and started sticking fucking post it notes at the same area my tiler had already fixed.

These 2 fucking walls.



Point 2. - 5.


Completely valid rectification works.


Point 6.

Had they bothered to actually do some research, they could have fixed this issue themselves, all they needed is a screwdriver. So now I have to bring a screwdriver to their site and fix the issue for them.



Point 7.

Fucking Dense as Fuck. Nuff said.



Point 8.

I have told them that the soft closing can be toggled on and off.
There is a little switch for you to toggle on and off.
Even send them a pic of the fucking hinge to show them where the on and off toggle is.
Still list it as a To-Do.
Still list it as "Install"
It's already fucking installed!
IT'S ALREADY FUCKING INSTALLED! MY FUCKING GAWD! READ MY FUCKING TEXT! IT'S ALREADY FUCKING INSTALLED! READ MY GOD DAMN TEXT! LOOK AT THE FUCKING PICTURE I HAVE SEND! FIX IT YOUR FUCKING SELF!


Point 9.

I told them my electrician has already went to double check the fan for them, my side has done all they could.
Doesn't register in their fucking head because it's 2 walls I am speaking to.
Ask me to get my electrician to check again and then writes "shorten ceiling fan"
My fucking gawd.
READ MY FUCKING TEXT!
IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM!
CALL THE FUCKING MANUFACTURER TO FIX IT FOR YOU!


To think I thought their project would be easier to run than my first one. I used to think my first project was the worst because every small imperfection gets scrutinized, but this project has made my first project feel like a breeze.



The problems my first customer had were mostly small aesthetic imperfections, which even though was annoying, wasn't exactly anything that was too drastic. They do their own research and they know how to source for their own suppliers, they were cheap and kept asking for discount, which was really annoying, but they are not dense, they let me make design decisions for them, they listen to my explanations for certain things and even though it takes a while, they will eventually accept it and move on.



This current one. I am typing in caps, bolding the text and then enlarging the text even more. I am legitimately pissed off and extremely irritated by them. They are truly truly annoying and I really wish to have nothing to do with them once this project is over.



I wished they had never signed a contract with me in the first place. All that gratefulness I used to have for them, it's all gone now. I am not grateful for this shit they are putting me through and I am sure as hell not grateful for the measly $1,800 I will be making from their project. It might drop further because I have a bad feeling that the husband might request for certain carpentry to be re-fabricated to fit the fucking hinges.



I just can't get over how the husband is making a mountain out of a molehill.



The additional hinges serves literally no purposes other than being a hindrance and the husband is actually fighting me for it, fighting my carpenter for it. It is fucking ridiculous. I mean if it actually benefits the carpentry, then sure, but it doesn't, it fucking doesn't serve any useful purpose.




That's like someone walking into Starbucks, ordering a frappacuino with Whipped Cream, getting it in this cup...



... and then demanding that they change the cover to a flat one because he wants a flat one, and when the barista tells him...



"If we gave you a flat cover, there won't be any space for the whipped cream."



.... because fucking common sense, but the customer doesn't get it and keeps demanding a flat cover. So the barista gets him a flat cover and ends up smooshing the whip cream into the drink and all over the table, because BITCH! IT DOESN'T FIT!



I don't know how the Starbucks Frappacuino analogy ends because this issue has just begun, and the project is slated to be completed by Friday.


There was only literally suppose to be painting and cleaning for this week, that was suppose to be it. I was expecting to have a happy handover after this, but my clients have managed to really fucking pissed me off in just one day because there's nothing more aggravating than trying and failing to talk common sense into stupid people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment