Monday 25 November 2013

Work and Drive

Things are probably not going to go well for me in my working life...



Last week I was warned by my Chef Trainer that I might get fired by the management.... well she didn't actually say I will get fired, more of a general warning that the management might fire people who have "inflexible" work hours. What she was trying to tell me essentially is that the company wants to have full control of everyone's work schedule, so if they want me to work at night, I will not be in the position to say "No" otherwise I won't have a position in the restaurant anymore.



I am currently only working the morning shift because I really don't want to go home in the evening during peak hours and also morning shift is really the most peaceful shift to get as a Pastry Cook because no one orders desserts in the afternoon, well no one really orders desserts during dinner time as well from what I have deduced when the chef trainer ask me to prepare less batter.... like a lot less than normal. The total amount of dessert order we had on the first week was less than the amount of desserts the batter I prepare in the morning could make for a day.



So I do get really bored in the morning when I am awaiting new orders, because all I do is wait and stare at the shoppers that walk past the time, sometimes I get so bored I start helping the hot kitchen clean up their used utensils, which in turn causes my eczema to flare up like a bitch thanks the to dish washing liquids.




Today I went for my driving Theory Practice and Evaluation. I failed the latter because I didn't have enough time to complete the former. I actually failed by one question... so depressing because the instructor actually allowed me to complete my Practice after he saw me fail my evaluation and I realized I could have probably gotten at least a 95% passing mark had I gone through the entire Practice run.



Going through the entire Practice in one seating is probably not going to be sufficient though, we had 4 booklets to go through within 45 minutes, the first three has 70 questions and the last has 40... which gives us a total of 250 questions. I know I am really fast when it comes to taking exam papers in School, I can literally finish my math paper in under and hour and have an additional hour and 45 minutes trying my hardest to fall asleep but failing horribly... like the math paper I just completed in under an hour.... but I can't go through 250 questions in 45 minutes... even if they are all MCQs.



So now I have to re-book another Theory Evaluation time slot, except I can't at this point in time because I still have yet to receive the work schedule for this week.  Messaged my Chef Trainer at 6.30pm to ask if i have any schedule for tomorrow and she has yet to reply. Silence usually means consent, but in this case it's probably a sign that I am one step closer to getting fired.

No comments:

Post a Comment