Saturday 16 November 2013

Did something good today. Don't feel good about it.

Today while I was doing some baking, the door bell rang.


I wasn't available at that time to open the door so my maid went to do it.



The last time I needed her to open the door was when a package of mine was being delivered and since I wasn't home, I thought she would at least answer the door.... she didn't, I don't know if it's because she was cleaning the car or whatever but she did not and I received a call from the guy while I was outside, telling me he has no choice but to leave the package at the door.



So from that point on, I thought she will probably never open the door for anyone unless it was someone she knows, I was wrong because today, the person who was ringing the door bell was those door to door donations drive people... AND SHE NOT ONLY ANSWERS THE DOOR, SHE FREAKING LETS THE PERSON INTO THE HOUSE LIKE SHE WAS SOME HONORED GUEST.



Unfortunately for me, and fortunately for that donation person, I find it hard to say "No".... especially when they are blabbering at my face about what their charity is and what their charity is working towards, I mean it's kinda rude when they are talking halfway and you just go...




So most of the time I will wait for them to finish speaking before I reject them, the only problem with that is that it's also equally rude, so I will always end up taking out my wallet and offering them the minimum donation of $10 begrudgingly, which is ridiculous because they are asking for help but they have the audacity to tell you that you must donate at least this amount.


Well the girl today was selling calenders, at $15 a piece.... she's probably only in Secondary School and I felt bad for her so I bought it.



Initially I asked if she had change for $20 because that was all the notes I had left... her reply was..



"Oh for $20 we have the bigger calender."



My gawd...I am asking for change, not if I can donate more. So annoying.  Ended up having to dig my bag for loose change. Felt so stupid after she left, it's the same feeling I get when I go on Steam, buy a game at full price and only realize the next day that it will be on the Summer Sales at 90% off.


None of this would have happened had my maid decided to treat the little girl the same way she treated the delivery man.

No comments:

Post a Comment