Monday 30 July 2012

Holland Village Cupcake

Finally went to this bakery at Holland Village to get some cupcakes that I've wanted to get since I got my hands on Twelve Cupcakes. I'm currently going through this cupcake phase which I'm not really sure whether or not end anytime soon because I love me some cake~


Plain Vanilla Bakery

So this shop is really hidden in Holland Village, if you were to scour the place thoroughly without even having the slightest clue where the bakery is, chances are you won't find it. I knew the bakery existed and even so it took me a while to find the bakery, my sister pointed out the signs that leads to the bakery, like treasure hunting, it's fun when you find it but frustrating when you are finding it... makes you look like a fool if you are searching for it alone.



....plus Cinnamon Brown Sugar


Bought half a dozen at $18, which is by no means cheap, I have no idea why cakes are so expensive, then again I'm too lazy to calculate the cost of making one when I actually bake them. I don't want to know how much money I'm throwing in the bin after baking because I literally throw away the cakes I bake if they are not up to standard, which is most of the time. Those damn recipes.



I blame the Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, it sucks balls. I have completely moved on from blaming my oven to blaming the Cocoa Powder like it's a healing process that doesn't really lead to any healing of any sort, except for my Oven's pride maybe.  Cocoa Powder from Hershey gave my cupcake a metallic taste and it doesn't have a strong enough chocolate taste, so when I actually made a cupcake that has a recipe that calls for vegetable oil, my cupcake just taste and smells like the vegetable oil, it's really gross.  Time to get some Valrhona  Baking Chocolate soon.... and if the cupcake still comes out equally bad it's time to find something else to blame.



I digress....

From flickr~


So anyways, the shop suddenly became something I wanted to own, it's weird but that shop actually makes me want to own my own mini bakery, the way the shop is design is so simple and so vintage looking it's just screaming for me to plagiarize it. The shop is essentially a kitchen with a display table of cupcakes and what made the whole shop awesome for me was seeing the lady boss frosting her caramel cake. <-And my mind just painted a really dirty picture, nice job pervert.



The cupcakes themselves were delicious, better than Twelve Cupcakes in my opinion, both have really light cake base, but this one is better because some cupcakes like the Strawberry White Chocolate has actual diced strawberries compote inside, it was a pleasant surprise to find stuffing in some of the cupcakes. I actually like both Twelve Cupcake and Plain Vanilla frosting, they're both delicious in their own way, but probably more towards Plain Vanilla because I like to live on the edge and become that much closer to becoming a diabetic.


And the main reason why I prefer Plain Vanilla to Twelve Cupcakes is because Plain Vanilla is more jelak, like it feels more rich, so every time after I eat one cupcake, I'm pretty stuffed, and it's not because I have a eating disorder because I fucking love cake.... Twelve Cupcake is really light, which causes me to finish it really quickly and because I'm such a nice guy, I share them with my family so I usually only get to eat 2 of the 6 I buy. Twelve doesn't satisfy my craving for cake as much as Plain Vanilla.   

No comments:

Post a Comment