Monday 16 July 2012

Customer Service Woes Self

One thing I've finally come to conclude when speaking to people manning the Cashiers in coffee shops or whatever stores you go to in Singapore is that being friendly to them isn't always the way to go.


I've always thought that being nice and speaking friendly to such people will probably make their job better, make them less tense and maybe more friendly...


BUT NO!



That's like the last thing you want to do because why? Well I shall give you 2 example that happened to me...



1. Home Delivery Service by Saprinos Pizza.



Ordered 2 Pizzas from Saprinos Pizza a few days back for dinner because I'm kinda sick of eating Chinese food thanks to the Army serving us really really awful looking Chinese food that looks as good as they taste, their worst one is their duck rice which they present in a ration box with the duck at one corner that has this really small cavity in the middle of whatever part of the duck you get be it their butt, their ass or their caboose because seriously they all look like shit, filled with a small well of chilli. It sounds really artsy but it's really bad because the foods stale and like lukewarm... not appetizing at all. Of course it doesn't apply to all camps, the cooks in my camp are just too lazy to try making anything nice.


But I digress...


So I ordered the pizza and the lady on the phone was okay, she was speaking like how a customer service person should, polite and friendly.




About an hour later the Pizza Guy comes and delivers the Pizza, he was a middle age looking Malay dude, a bit on the chubby side, not obese but you know he doesn't exercise.  So he was speaking to me, telling me the price and whatever not... and so we exchanged the Pizza for the money. He gives me the change but it was short of 10 cents which I decided to point out to him because he asked if I had received the correct change or not... and I said no because I was shortchanged.




Not only did he NOT apologize, he actually started to give an attitude like I was being picky when Chubs was the one who asked me if I received the correct change. And I was being really nice and friendly with him, I was going to ask him to keep the change but since Chubs had to be such a bitch about, decided to just waste his time and let him dig his little coin bag for a 10 cents coin. Chubs was of course very bitter about it but fuck it... if I attempted to be friendly to you, YOU as the person serving me should at least respond in kind instead of being such a bitch about it... would have gotten you an extra 10 cents if you did... that 10 cents you could've donated to those annoying kids on the streets asking for a donation where they will give you a sticker that will act as a shield to prevent the kids friends from coming up to you. So enjoy getting swarmed by kids who will be constantly ask you for donations you prick.






2. Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Cashier.




Had just bought a few groceries from Cold Storage and decided to go to Coffee Bean to get a cold drink because the weather's been scorching lately.




I didn't know what to get but since I didn't want to make the cashier wait for me, I decided to order on the spot, which was a bad idea because I ended up changing mid sentence multiple times so it went like...


"Can I have the lemo... Rasbe... Hazelnu.... Ummmm can I have the Mango Munchy." or something with Mango..


Ordered my drink and thanked the guy when he gave me my change... waited for my drink and it kinda took a while... and once again this guy isn't very friendly looking, he looked a bit bored and like couldn't be fucked because he's been working at Coffee Bean for a while now.



So afterwards another lady comes up and orders her drink and she had the very typical Singaporean way of ordering her drink. She was taking her time choosing what she wanted, she wasn't smiling to the cashier when she was ordering her change, and she had this very uppity look on her face when the same cashier gave her the change. And I can tell that the cashier was a little more cautious looking when returning her the change.



And when he was serving me my drink he switched back to unfriendly can't be fucked mode, asked to checked my receipt and then walked away as I was digging through my wallet to look for it and never came back. I stopped after a while and just took my drink and left... the time in between I was really confused as to whether or not he still wanted to see my receipt I just stood there and waited a while like an idiot.






So one thing I've come to realize is that instead of being nice and friendly to them, you have to be fucking cold and haughty towards them. Like...


"If you want my money you better fucking serve me or I will feed you to the dogs..."



I will be chanting this in my head next time I order from Coffee Bean... unless the Cashier is really friendly and smiley towards me.


Self Entitlement Mode ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment