Thursday 21 September 2023

Returning the Car and Cohesion 2.0

 Today is the first day of work since my ICT and I decided to go to work abit earlier today since I was going to take some time off in the late morning to return my car. 



I drove out at about 7.45pm and it was peak hour traffic, but because I have been driving for the past 3 weeks, the peak hour traffic didn't feel very daunting to me anymore, then at about 8.00pm, my boss suddenly drops me a text and ask if we could meet at Junction 8 at 10am to visit a completed jobsite with a few of my colleagues who had just arrived in Singapore to actually visit us. My 2 colleagues are also designers like myself, but they are based in other countries, so this was really their first time visiting a completed jobsite. I figured since I still had the car, it would be good to fully utilize it, so I headed to the office first to drop off my laptop which I had brought home before my reservist thinking I might need to do some work, I didn't actually have to, and slowly settled everything before leaving the office again at about 9.45am.



Oh, I was also able to parallel park the car successfully when I reach the office, and it is so fucking upsetting because just when I have finally gotten comfortable driving on the road again and can even confidently attempt parallel parking, I have to return the car.



Anyways, I headed out to the nearby petrol station to fully pump the car's gas tank and then headed over to the job site. The total amount I have spend pumping gas for this reservist cycle, including today's top up, is $250, that's pretty good for a 3 week long reservist, I only had to top up the tank 3 times over the course of 3 weeks, the fuel efficiency for the Mazda 2 is so much better than the Picanto, I think I had to pump the Picanto 4 times over a period of 2 weeks for my previous reservist. 



I was a bit late, we were suppose to meet at 10.15am, I only got there at 10.20am, but then it turns out my boss and my colleagues were even letter than me, they arrived 5 minutes after me, we all greeted each other and my boss welcomed me back from Reservist, after which we headed up to take a look at the home. I didn't have any part with this project, so I didn't really feel anything towards it, my colleagues on the other hand were more enamored by it because it's their project and it's their first time seeing the fruition of their own project in person. I was there for  maybe 15 minutes before I told my boss I will go return the car to the workshop first because I honestly didn't really care all that much about  the house after the first 5 minutes of looking, my boss was really nice and suggested he will pick me up from the workshop once I had returned the car and then will drive all of us back to the office together.




The drive to the workshop was quite smooth, I returned the car with no issue, got my deposit back and my boss arrived a few minutes later to pick me up and we all headed back to the office together. I also got a call from NS Hotline about my pay discrepancy, prior to that, my company's Accountant had also resubmitted the documents, and that is also what the person on the phone told me to do, so hopefully there is no issue and I can actually get my intended make up pay amount.




After that, my boss brought everyone out for lunch at a nearby restaurant and that was followed by bowling and a karaoke session. I didn't do any work today, my boss had literally planned for the whole day to be an outing session for everyone in honor of my 2 colleagues visit to Singapore. It feels like compensation for the not so happening Cohesion yesterday, my fingers are definitely going to be sore from the bowling tomorrow but the day was quite fun and it's honestly such a nice way to return back to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment