Sunday 22 September 2024

Pop Mart Addiction

I'm have been spending the past few days at work just watching the PopMart Singapore Livestream on my iPhone while I work because they are doing random drops every 2 hours for their Labubu and Crybaby series. 


The products from these 2 series, especially the plushies have been selling out like crazy. I really only like the SkullPanda and Hacipupu series, but because of FOMO, I decided to just follow the live for the sake of potentially getting one of their sold out items.



Do I find this cute? It's alright.

Did I get it anyway because they have available stocks? Yes, because I'm an idiot who likes to follow the latest trend.




The drops that the PopMart Singapore TikTok account does is insanely competitive, the timing is fixed at 2pm, 4pm, 6pm and 8pm, but the host will pretend they have to ask for permission from their bosses, and then claim that until they get the stocks approved, they won't be able to release them, but then the drops will always happen at the same timings.



Resellers know this, so when it gets closer to those timing, the viewers in the livestream will spike from the usual 200 all the way to 600, and someone was keeping track in the chat and pointed out that PopMart will only restock around 30 units per drop, so it literally gets wiped out within a second after the item gets listed.



The most ridiculous time was when the item didn't even have time to be listed as available and it was immediately wiped out. I was still anticipating for it until the live streamer started congratulating those who got their hands on it, it's NUTS.



I haven't been able to get any items during the regular drop times via my iPhone, I only got that Crybaby Doll out of luck because I think someone cancelled their order, so the stock returned when I was taking a look at the shopping cart on TikTok shop, to which I immediately went to get it and then it went out of stock again, but then every once in a while, it will suddenly be available again, it's really random and it only happens with that Crybaby plushie.



Anyways, since my iPhone doesn't work, I decided to made use of my iPad Air because I wouldn't have to scroll too much to get to the check-out page since the screen is now so much bigger. 


I managed to get 2 freaking items during the "surprise" drop! I had to position my freaking fingers on my screen to anticipate which areas I should click next and it freaking worked! 


A Twinkle Twinkle Plush Blind Box for $18.90.

Resellers are selling it at $30


I do think this Twinkle Twinkle Plushie was a little easier to get because it is not a Labubu, I really don't think it's all that cute, I just decided to partake in the fastest fingers first competition and managed to snag one. It sold out really quickly, so the endorphin rush from seeing my payment get approved was amazing! 


Waste of money, but It's fine, it's like $20. Maybe I will give it to my nephew when he is born.




The second item I got, which I managed to snag literally minutes ago....



 Labubu Flip with Me for $110

TikTok Resellers are selling it for as high as $250


What the fuck is wrong with me?????

I don't need that fucking Labubu Figurine at all, I mean I have grown to like the Labubu series a little, but $110 for a figurine is fucking nuts! I also got another 2 more Labubu Plushies from online resellers at $50 each, so that is a total of $260 that I have spend on just Labubu dolls, and I didn't even open the first Labubu that I got yet because it's a secret and I didn't want to tarnish it.



Again I ask myself, what the actual fuck is wrong with me.



My company is going through lay-offs, I am expected to maybe get a salary cut soon, and I am spending hundreds of dollars on all this useless things. 



I should cancel my Labubu Flip with Me order, but I don't really want to because it's so fucking hard to get, and they don't release this very often. 



Sigh. Having adult money is so dangerous, this is what is going to take over the perfume craze I had last year...



Here is my shelve of bad financial decisions I have been making this month, my current Pop Mart collection, plus some other random stuff, including all my Ariana Grande Perfumes. 


The old addiction meeting the new addiction. 


The Pineapple is a Jellycat that I got from MOMA in New York 5 years ago, didn't know it was a Jellycat and didn't know Jellycat was a thing, but I am glad I did not actually get into Jellycat because those are some expensive plushies. 



This is a display case I got last week because I have plans to get a full set of 12 figurines from one of the PopMart series, I just am not sure which one I want to get yet.  


This figurine inside is the Space Molly, it wasn't my first choice, but I do like how intricate it looks. 


The body is clear plastic and in it are a bunch of tetris blocks because I pulled a Tetris themed Space Molly. 



Anyways, a full set of figurines ranges from about $170 - $190, after spending so much money over the last few weeks on just Labubu, I am honestly extremely hesitant to shell out another $200 for a dozen small figurines.  I shall make that horrible financial decision next month, which could potentially be the last month I will be drawing my regular salary until CNY next if things does improve in the company.




Work just feels depressing to think about, or the lack of enough work because with how things are panning out.

No comments:

Post a Comment