Sunday 1 September 2024

iPad Air arrived!

My new iPad Air has arrived and it happened to coincided with the delivery of the cover and screen protector from Shopee, so I was able to set everything up yesterday.



Decided to go for a glossy screen protector this time round instead of a matt one like my pro and the screen just looks so much sharper and crisp, the fact that it is a 13" iPad also makes the whole screen experience so much better.


Setting up the new iPad was honestly such a breeze since everything from my iPad Pro had already been backed up to iCloud, so all I really had to do was key in my Apple account and then just let the iPad Air do it's thing, all the apps and the layout of those apps were as they had been on my iPad Pro once it was done. The only thing I had to do was to re-login into Netflix and Amazon Prime. 



Compared to my 11" iPad Pro, the 13" iPad Air definitely felt a little too big for comfort. When I see my iPad Pro, I just feel a bit sad that it died such a quickly and prematurely because of my Owala water bottle.


Had I not bend down to pet the dog, the iPad would have still been alive and I could still be considering upgrading my iPhone 14 Pro to the new iPhone 16 Pro. (I might still do that, so I shall see how impulsive I am)



Such a waste, and the fact that the Apple Pencil Gen 2 does not work with the new iPad Air is such a scummy move from Apple. Even though I did technically get the Apple Pencil Pro for free thanks to the education discount promotion, to actually physically own a functioning Apple Pencil but not be able to use it is just such a waste.


My iPad Pro has also officially breathed it's last breath, the water has done it's job and completely short circuited the entire tablet, now I can't even turn it on anymore. 


The fact that my powerbank, that was actually completely submerged in the spilled liquid from my Owala water bottle, and that I had to literally shake water out from its port, is still completely functioning, but the iPad Pro isn't is surprising.




Rest In Peace my very first iPad, you did not live very long and I blame Owala and my family dog for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment