Sunday 2 April 2023

Fuck You Ken

 I don't usually get a lot of nasty customers at work, that's why I don't really blog so much could complain about them, but once in a while, getting an unpleasant customer or two is inevitable and today, I have the unpleasant opportunity to meet one. 



Today was a relatively busy day in the store, being a weekend and all, there were quite a number of walk-in customers, I no longer have the habit of approaching any of them  actively to offer aid and usually only assist them if they approach me first. 



So about an hour after I started work, a customer came into the store requesting for us to arrange for a worker to go to his place to touch up a TV cabinet he had gotten from us, he had issues with the drawer system and so I brought him to a unit that we had on display in our Showroom to confirm if that was the same model, and he acknowledged that it was.



I then told him I will need to get his contact information as well as his home address so our customer service can arrange a date for him to do the touch up and usually at this point, the customer will leave their name, contact number and address, this is standard procedure and I assume common sense. He then told me he wasn't sure whose name he had used to get the furniture and goes...



"You can contact this guy"



... and shows me the contact information of someone named Aaron...



"He deals with my home stuff."



... I figured since he was already here, even if he couldn't remember whose name he had used to buy the items, he would at least have his own home address, so I asked him if I could at least have his home address, and he actually got annoyed with me and went...



" Just contact this person, he will deal with this for me! Why are you making things so complicated?"



... at this point, I could sense his annoyance and was really confused because I am literally asking you for basic information about yourself. Like what is so complicated about that? I then take down contact information of the person he is asking me to call, and gives me his address begrudgingly, after I had all that, I headed over to the main computer to try look for his information in the database, I had assumed he would just leave the store and wait for an update from our side, but then he walks over to me and goes...




"You call my guy now. You call him now!"




.... and brings his phone over to me, so I turned around and faced him again, the phone in his hand and his thumb was hovering about the "call" button of this Aaron guy. You could tell he was going to call the guy, but then he looks at me and goes...



"You don't have a phone?"


...and I was literally fuming on the inside, but I reached out to my phone anyway and before I could get it, he goes ahead and presses the call button and hands me the phone really impatiently.



I then spoke to the Aaron guy to confirm all the details with him, pass the phone back to the and he slaps me on the shoulder and goes...



"Just help me settle with my guy"



... with a faint smile on his face, so I smiled at him and told him I got all the information I needed, thinking we were good, but the moment I smiled back at him and got polite with him, his smile immediately disappeared and he repeated again in a very annoyed tone...



" You make things so complicated." 



... and I realized this fucker is the type of customer who will get nasty when you are too nice to them. He was probably annoyed at the start, but then felt bad about it the middle, however after seeing that I was all friendly when I retuned him to the phone, felt justified at being annoyed at the start and decided to just continue being a dick. 



Anyways, he was lingering around in the store after I return the phone to him, and I just really couldn't be bothered to deal with him anymore after that. He was loitering at the front of our store for like 2 minutes before he finally came to the counter and thankfully, my supervisor was around, so my supervisor quickly assured him that we had gotten all his information and will be in touch with the Aaron guy.



So that's my bad experience at work today. It's nothing major, I have had to deal with worst, but this exchange definitely soured my mood the entire day enough to warrant a blog post. I manage to find out his name is Ken through the database, so fuck you Ken!

No comments:

Post a Comment