Wednesday 29 March 2023

i-don't need that-Phone 14 Pro

I just got myself an iPhone 14 Pro.

I do not need an iPhone 14 Pro.


It was a pretty good deal, the iPhone 14 Pro usually cost $1,664.40 on Apple's official website, I was able to get mine for $1,450.00 from a shop at Far East Plaza, it's one of the few phone shops I used to frequent in the past when changing a phone every year was a norm for me. 


I was able to get off work earlier today because I had to report to work about 1.5 hours earlier to open the store for air-con maintenance work, I enjoy going to the store that early because the mall is pretty much dead at that timing, there are no shoppers around yet and everything is just very zen and quiet. But having to wake up at 7.00am so I can report to the store at 8.30am felt super early, and the train was also packed, I was wobbling a lot on the MRT trying not to fall because there were no seats and I was not standing near any of the poles or handles to be able to grab them and stabilize myself on the moving train.



It sucks to have to experience the morning peak-hour crowd once today, I cannot imagine having to do that everyday had I accepted the job offer.  



So for the entire day, one of the thought that ran through my mind was the idea of going to Far East Plaza to get the iPhone 14 Pro, I have checked the prices on the store's website and I knew the available stocks, they had it in black, which was a colour I didn't mind, honestly all the colours of the Pro series are alright, I wasn't really drawn to any single colour, I was however drawn to the Starlight colour, but that's only available for the regular iPhone 14, so I mulled over the idea. 



 

Work ended and I honestly wasn't sure if I was going to head over to Far East Plaza or not, I was just going to let my body take over and auto pilot in whichever direction it will head towards.


It headed over the Far East Plaza, at that point, I knew I was going to be going home with an iPhone in hand. 



The store was empty that day and after about 30 seconds of looking at the display, a sales lady came out and assisted me, I asked her a bunch of questions I already had answers to, like what colour she has, the prices of the different models and also the payment modes. I was going to pay by installment so it won't take such a huge toll on my bank account.



The installment method has an additional 7% surcharge, which amounted to about $50, I was willing to pay for it because with that combined, it was still much cheaper than getting it direct from Apple. I knew I didn't want to use the iPhone immediately because part of the joy of getting a new product is in the anticipation of actually using that new product, and since my current phone is still working mighty fine, I only did a quick physical check in the store, made the payment and left, didn't get any screen protector or phone case as well, decided I wanted to get it from Shopee and wait until it's delivered before I start setting up the phone.




I did that with my iPad as well, the iPad wasn't switched on until maybe 4 - 5 days after it got delivered to my place because I was waiting for the screen protector and case to arrive from Shopee. It literally sat in it's package, on my table unopened for 4 to 5 days. When I did eventually open it, all the excitement sort of vanished, so I am trying to maintain that excitement I have for this iPhone as long as possible, which is why the screen protector and phone case are from a brand in Korea that will require overseas shipping.




I'm fucking weird. 



Hopefully it will prove to be as useful of a purchase as my iPad when I do get around to using it sometime next week.




Here are all the tech stuff I have gotten for myself starting late Oct of last year.






$3,000 worth of tech that aren't actually needs, just wants because I wanted to spend money. Throw in my upcoming Taiwan trip and I will have spend about $6,00.00 in total (excluding the money I will be spending during the trip)



I would have not been this generous with myself if I was still in ID4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment