Monday 17 April 2023

Fuck Off IKEA

 IKEA send me an email today informing me that after much consideration, they have decided to proceed with other candidates for the Interior Designer position I had applied for




....in 2020!




Seriously, fuck off! When I saw the email initially, I was all excited thinking IKEA was reaching out to arrange for an interview because they saw my resume, but then it turns out it was a rejection for a position I had applied for over 2 years ago. 





The timing of the rejection email is greatly appreciated. 




That being said, I am interested in getting a new Office Chair from them because my Secret Lab is really quite shit, it was underwhelming when I first got it and now that I have owned it for such a long time and started developing lower back ache, I guess I have given it enough time to justify tossing it for a cheaper and hopefully less back-ache inducing alternative. 




-Update 27/03/23-



I just realized I had applied for the position in August last year, so IKEA didn't blueball me as long as I thought they did, that being said, to be officially rejected 7 months after I applied for the position is a bit redundant. 


The last application was my third of fourth application with IKEA, I am not going to attempt another time because it is clearly a waste of their time and my effort to keep applying, so goodbye forever to even thinking of being part of IKEA, but hello to more IKEA furniture in my home because I really do need a new chair soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment