Wednesday 9 December 2020

He can't shut up...

 Before today, I was feeling great in general, all my projects were close to completion, I was looking forward to getting 5 project worth of commissions before the end of the year and was even thinking about the idea of working on even more projects in the future.




Then the Antoinette reached out to me about an issue that was brought up by their own electrician and my mood just plummeted. The problem has been "resolved" and I say "resolved" in quotes because they will be getting their own electrician to fix the issue and I will be paying for the repair out of my own pocket, which is about $150. I am not sure if I can actually claim that amount, so I guess a part of why I am feeling a bit dejected now is because of that, and another reason why I am feeling a bit apprehensive right now is because this electrican they found is a tattletale. He was engaged by the Antoinettes parents to help them reinstall a few ceiling lights, but then afterwards, decides to inspect the house I suppose and start spotting a bunch of issues with the existing electrical work my electrician has done. 



Why? Like what is the fucking point? Do what you were paid to do and leave! There was no need to take a shit and drag my electrician's work. 



He was telling the Antoinette's things like ...


"...this is against building regulations"


"... it could cause electrocution"


... like why the fuck are you talking so much? Shut the fuck up!



Fucking detestable, I had to talk to both the Antoinette over a call to understand the situation and discuss what we can do moving forward separately, and what they did was get their electrician to fix the problem because now, their electrician has managed to poison their impression of my own electrician to the point that their parents are now urging them not to use my electrician anymore, so that fucker has now gotten a $150 job from them at my expense. 


I am just very tired of projects that have been completed and handed over, suddenly coming back again with issues, it is so mentally exhausting, and in this case, it is even worst because they have their own guy who is pretty much sabotaging me by telling them how things are being installed against building regulations.




My electrician essentially installed a power outlet next to the toilet bowl for the Antoinette's as per their request because the husband wanted to install an electric bidet seat, but because this is a toilet, we couldn't just install the outlet on it's own, we needed a waterproof cover as well, so we installed it...




... it protects the outlet from external moisture because this is a waterproof cover, it is literally meant to proof your outlet from water as per the name suggest, but for some reason, their own electrician didn't think this was enough and told them that my electrician should have installed the outdoor weatherproof cover instead, which is this...



... this is a weatherproof cover, it is commonly found in outdoor areas like balcony or outside building apartments that are exposed to to elements, I have literally never seen any project where this cover was actually used indoor, it is fucking overkill, but their electrician has managed to find reasons to scare them into believing this is the one that should have been installed and when I think about it, it just pisses me off.




Getting that installed in the toilet to protect the outlet from moisture is like a parent telling his or her kid that they should not be wearing a cotton sweater to keep themselves warm in an aircon room because the material isn't think enough, and that that they should be wearing a parka instead. And then go another step further and give them this unlikely scenario about how wearing a sweater could get them killed by a wild wolf because the wolf will think they are some furry animal sheep and try to pounce on them from the bushes. Well, that was a stupid analogy because a parka is more furry than a regular cotton jacket.




Just shut the fuck up.


Now my concern is this motherfucker is going start looking for even more "problems" and bring them up to the Antoinette so he can get more job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment