Monday 28 December 2020

Current Concerns

The design firm that I turned down but was then persuaded to reconsider my decision again has finally reached out to me last Wednesday to try and schedule another date to drop by the office to confirm my employment. 



The boss literally had 3 days to update me on whether he can do Tuesday or not and he only reaches out on Wednesday to tell me he had been sick the day before so he couldn't meet me. If he had responded earlier and told me he can do Tuesday, but then informed me on Tuesday that he was sick and had to postpone the meeting, I would have believed that he was actually sick. It's the lack of any reply to the days leading up to the meeting that really rubbed me the wrong way.



So I didn't bother replying to set up a new meeting.



Personally I do not feel comfortable leaving things the way I did, by not responding to his request to meet again, but at this point, too much time has passed for me to make any excuses about why I didn't reply him other than the fact that it was done out of pure pettiness, so things shall be left the way they are and I shall be remembered by him and his company as the "unprofessional interviewee".



Moving on from that mess of a job interview where everyone's time got wasted, my current concern is with my ongoing project that is already completed, but I have yet to collect the final payment from.



When the clients for that project moved into their place, I told them I will give them some time to settle down first before I meet up with them again, I ended up giving them close to 3 weeks to settle down before reaching out a few days back.



Initially, the wife joked and said that she thought I was going to waive off the final payment as goodwill, but then told me that we could meet this week to settle everything.


Shortly after, the husband messages back and tells me there is an electrical switch issue that he would like me to fix for them. 3 whole weeks for them to settle in and they didn't bring this issue up, now that I am requesting to meet to collect the final payment and this gets brought up.



I told them that I can get my electrician down, but I will need to know their availability, they gave me dates that were too early for my electricians to drop by, so I told them we needed more time in advance, they don't reply.


My electrician told me earliest he could go down is Thursday and so I am a little concerned that if they don't confirm the date with me soon, it will end up delaying the trip to fix their switch.


I drop them a text earlier this morning asking them to confirm with me if Thursday is good for them because I have already told them I need to tell my electrician a few days in advance. 


Doesn't reply.


For Fuck Sake! I'm trying to help you, so help me help you



It is so fucking frustrating when clients take their own sweet fucking time to confirm a date with me, and then when they finally confirm it and I can no longer schedule the timing because they replied too fucking slow, suddenly it is my fault for not pushing them hard enough.



I will likely have to drop another text in at night to really rush them if they still don't respond at the end of the day. Both the husband and wife read the text early in the morning when I send the text and BOTH of them just left me on read. 



Or I can just leave them to their faulty electrical switch and wait till they get back to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment