Monday 3 August 2020

Random Musings

I got myself a new project obtained a few weeks back!


The job hunt has once again ended in utter failure, IKEA emailed back a few days back telling me I did not get the position, this was many many months AFTER I applied for the position. I legitimately do not know what their requirements are because I feel like I do have the sales and interior design experience required for the job.



Anyways, IKEA was a bust and has always been every time I tried to apply for it.



The other jobs I have applied for, I guess I am too under qualified to even be considered, I might end up looking for an Interior Stylist position at a furniture job just so I can still be in the same industry but not have the same level of responsibility I have now, it's not fun to be at the beck and call of a client for months on end during a renovation project, an Interior Stylist work just feels a lot more simpler in terms of overall responsibility and have a shorter timeline, I introduce the furniture, the layout, we have those items delivered and placed accordingly and then I am done, any after sales service will be dealt with by the after sales team. I am actually considering applying for a company called BoConcept again, applied for it a few years back, went for the interview but screwed that up because I was an idiot, maybe once this new project is over, which will probably be till the end of the year, I will apply for more stylist positions again.



I have also just finished meeting a new client earlier and it was not good, from the start the husband already gave me a bad impression, he was generally quite unfriendly and not approachable, the wife was nicer but that is when I compare her next to her husband. The consultation itself was just a mess, one of my managerial level colleague actually requested for one of the newbie to sit in with me during, but luckily I did not agree to it because it would have been such a bad example of how a design consultation should go.




The clients wanted to do very little renovation works, only redoing the kitchen cabinets and honestly speaking, there isn't much to discuss when the work needed to be done is so simple and straightforward, I also didn't click with them so there wasn't any additional conversation happening in between to create a more friendly atmosphere between us, it was mostly just a lot of awkward silences, me waiting for them to ask me anything related to the renovation, if they were unsure of anything that needed clarification. It lasted less than 30 minutes and they were out of the door after that, didn't even bother to send them out, just had them walk out themselves.




I also came across this video on Facebook and thought it was quite refreshing to see. I definitely vibe more with the guy because he is a lot more real with his response, his is the kind of response I would share with my interior design colleagues whereas the girls' response is what I will share with my clients when I am feeling comfortable enough around them to be a bit more candid.

No comments:

Post a Comment