Saturday 27 June 2020

Potential Cancellation

That new client of mine has decided that they want to postpone their appointment with me today and meet at a later date.


I smell a potential project cancellation is imminent.


For a couple who has emphasis to me that they are rushing to start the renovation soon, it doesn't make sense for them to want to postpone the design meetings, if anything, they should be requesting to meet earlier and more frequently. The wife told me she will arrange for another date and let me know again, I have a feeling that she won't actually be reaching out again.



I have done the 3D Renderings for their place and I do quite like the overall theme they are looking at, so those completed renderings would be a great addition to my online 3D rendering portfolio. I will see how it goes next week, if there is still no updates from the wife next week, I will drop a courtesy text to essentially have her confirm that she is no longer interested, inform my admin that the project has been dropped and proceed with my job hunt again. I will also only add the renderings up on my portfolio maybe a month or two from now, when they have started their renovation journey with someone else, just so when I do put it up, it will be too late for them to steal the design and ask their own contractor to replicate.




Ultimately I also think it is for the best for them to engage someone else, I do feel an extra level of stress knowing that they chose me despite me being the most expensive option, it feels like I have to prove myself to them that they have made the right choice even though my price isn't actually "high", the other 2 companies they have shortlisted I believe are baiting them with a low price and will either scrimp on the materials used or charge them a bunch of compulsory additional items later on to earn back the money.





Also met the Antoinette today and we were able to settle a few of the issues that were brought up, they were actually legit issues so my bad for assuming they were trying to be difficult, the husband has also agreed to pay up a portion of the outstanding amount, I gave them some goodwill discount so hopefully I can get that project settled as well.




I guess this means I am pretty much almost done with any project related commitments, now it's a matter of not taking on anymore new projects for a while, I am planning to stop taking any customer leads from my company for maybe the next 2 months to really give myself a chance to look for a new job, this will also grant me a decent notice period should I get an interview and get asked about it. There is still one more client who might be reaching out to me soon, they were planning to engage me a few months back, but then their key collection date got delayed, so their plans to engage me has also been delayed, I am hoping to maybe get a few interviews in before they contact me again, just so I can have a better gauge of my resignation possibility and maybe direct them to my colleague instead.




It would be quite ironic if I actually do end up quitting my current line of work and start a new job within this Covid period because this is a time when people are losing their jobs. Fingers crossed I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment