Wednesday 24 June 2020

Pay Up!

My new bed frame from Hip Van has arrived, so has the little runner rug I added into the purchase to  enjoy "free delivery". Bed frame cost $249 and the free delivery was for orders above $250.



It's a nice addition to the room, but the space still feels a little bare, I am tempted to actually get some picture frames to put on the wall to fill up the empty space, might do that soon once I get a chance to maybe visit IKEA or something, but furniture wise I think the space is pretty much filled.




My company has also reopened, so I am now going back to reporting for Showroom duties once every 3 days, doing the same thing, just watching Youtube videos when I am not meeting clients, which at this point is 90% of the time. I have also gotten a new project, not so sure how I feel about that to be honest, the clients expressed interest last month, we finally met on Saturday and they verbally confirmed with me, but nothing has been signed yet, the deposit hasn't been paid yet, so it is technically not "official" at this point.




The wife actually reached out 2 days back, telling me she wasn't comfortable paying so much before the start of the renovation and I won't lie, a part of me was hoping that her discomfort would lead to the cancellation of the project, I didn't even try to negotiate allowing her to pay less, I just spit out facts and told her there was nothing I could do, explained to her that we needed to collect that much to ensure that we have enough money to purchase the material and labour for the renovation to start, she accepted that reason and I really didn't care, I mean it's great that you understand the reason, but if you decide to cancel on me, I honestly could not care less.



Anyway, I am suppose to meet her and her husband again on Saturday to run through the 3D and get them to sign the contract as well as pay up the deposit, once again, a part of me is wishing the wife will just drop me a text within the next 2 day expressing her disinterest and then cancelling the meeting. I do not want to handle any projects during this period because the manpower is so insanely low at this point, it is extremely difficult to arrange works.




I am stuck in the cycle again, getting this project means I am now stuck in the company until the project ends, and I have no idea how long that will take, this means I can't continue my job hunt until the project is successfully completed. It means that even if I were to get job interviews, chances are they won't be successful because my notice period is going to be too long, so I have actually restarted the cycle by accepting this new project.


My office finance department girl has also been messaging me daily asking me if the client has paid the deposit, if they have signed the contract, it's actually quite irritating because I told her I will update her when they have done it, but she keeps texting me EVERYDAY in the morning without fail.


FML.



A recruitment agency actually reached out recently and offered to send my profile to one of their clients for a 3D Visualizer position, it sounds interesting because it is focused on designing community based exhibition and small scale museum spaces, this means I am not technically working for a client, the client will be the company because it one of those charity organisation that "aims to educate the public" kind of company so I am hoping to be shortlisted and get an interview with the company, which is also why I am hoping the new clients will cancel.






Another huge headache I have to deal with right now is the Antoinette, I am now being pressured by my company to obtain the outstanding payment as soon as possible because the outstanding payment is HUGE, so much in fact that their project is currently labelled as "red", which means the project is currently at a loss, it is quite bad and honestly the first time my project has gotten to this point.




I reached out to the Antoinette over the weekend to request for a meeting, the wife doesn't give me a date but instead request for me to resend the quote so they can take a look at their outstanding amount, I send the quote to them, she responds that she has received it and then request for me to send more workers down to do more touch up, this is 2 months after the project has been completed, before the Circruit Breaker, we were already done with all the touch ups, everything was suppose to be completed and in a handover state, they were already getting their items shifted in, the only thing left for us was signing the final paperwork and settling the final payment, that was it, but then of course the Covid problem happened and everyone had to be quarantined so I was unable to reach out and when I reach out again, suddenly they need more guys to be send down to do touch up.





The touch up portion never ends with them.




Anyways, I arranged for the worker, updated them and then my manager calls me the next day, expressing his concern that the Antoinette's Project still has a large outstanding amount that needed to be settled. It didn't hit me how urgent the matter was until my own manager called me to check, so I reached out to the Antoinette again and this time gave them a date and a rough time and am now waiting for them to confirm with me. Whether they confirm or not, I am very likely going to drop by that timing anyway since I know they will be on site waiting for my workers to do the touch up for them.




Problem right now is I also have to meet with the new clients on Saturday, might have to schedule for an afternoon timing with them though, if the wife is still interested. 




The Antoinette now have the habit of not reading my text, I am sure they read them through the notification but they don't bother opening the group chat to have the message marked as read, the husband is also no longer responding, the wife is the one who is doing all the responding, not sure what is up with the sudden change in dynamics there.



Let's hope I can settle a majority of my work related issues on Saturday so my Sunday can be as relaxing as possible. All this stress is making me miss the Circuit Breaker Lockdown period when all I had to be stressed out about was personally experiencing the death of a video game character.

No comments:

Post a Comment