Friday 12 October 2018

The 2nd Interview

Went for my second job interview today and it was pretty close to where I used to report to work when an employee at ID 2 for a whopping 3 days.



I'm not even sure if I can call my 3 days at ID2 work because I did fuck all there, when I left the company, the HR insisted on paying me 3 days worth of salary, after I told them it wasn't necessary, and I thought it was funny how she said...



"We are not the type of company that won't pay you your salary one."



.... and then I never actually got paid. I honestly didn't mind not getting paid because I felt guilty wasting their time, but when you are going to be telling me that the company isn't a certain way, but then end up being that certain way, it's hard for me not to judge.


The company I went for my interview today is located a little further from my house than ID2, so the ride was a little longer and because I have been getting on and off headaches since the start of the week, the journey there was pretty torturous, every time the bus had to stop to either pick someone up or drop them off, a part of me would curse at the passenger or passengers who indirectly made my motion sickness/ headache worst.




I thought I would be late, but I was 1 minute early, which I thought was impressive. Unlike the furniture store, the company has a very generic looking office setting that one would expect of a corporate office, white walls, white tables, white drawers, zero aesthetics to the space, it looks like a place creativity goes to die.


But anyway, once I made my presence known, I was soon ushered into a small meeting room and about 5 minutes later, my interviewer came in and started the interview with me.



As I have shared in my previous post, I came into the job interview not really interested in the position, I was just there to listen to what they had to offer and then never think about the company again because from what I have learned during my phone conversation with the HR 2 days before the interview, the job scope was very similar to that of a project coordinator and I do not want to leave my current job, only to end up in another similar one with less working flexibility and potentially more stress.


What I enjoy about Interior Designing is the Designing part of it, I hate site coordination and I feel that if I were to become someone who only does site coordination, it would be a huge downgrade for me.


But as it turns out, the job isn't actually being a site coordinator, it is more of a management kind of role, I don't actually have to plan out a renovation schedule and then liaise with all the different sub-contractors, all I have to do is make sure the paper works are in order and then leave all the site coordination to a main contractor, and that main contractor will then liase with all the different sub-contractors for me, which is great. That means if there is anything wrong with the renovation works, I can just directly contact the main contractor and he will deal with the issues for me, I think.



Downside is that I will not have creative freedom because the projects that I will handle has to be designed as per the request of the different brands the company is working with, that means site layout, carpentry design, wall colour, even the type of lights that will be used in the space, all of that has already been set in stone and I will have to follow it to a tee.



It sounds quite simple compared to my current job, but the interviewer kept telling me that the job isn't simple, that it won't be like any of the projects I have dealt with so far because commercial and residential is very different, if I could summarize what she said during the interview, it would be...



"This job is pretty shit but the company is great, and if you are still interested in the position, just remember that the job is pretty shit, so you have to really think about it before you make a decision." 



.... when I learned about the actual job scope, my interest was definitely piqued, and when I got home after the interview, I got a call from the HR, asking me how the interview went, and I told her I was definitely interested in the position, especially after learning that it wasn't actually a site coordinator role as I had originally thought it would be. The HR then also started to share with me about the job and how difficult it is, and wanted me to really make sure I was okay with the job, the disclaimer I was getting from her and my interviewer was so hardcore now I am starting to second guess the position.




I would definitely still prefer to work at the Furniture Store as an Interior Stylist, just because it's not a cubicle job and the place feels really posh. I'm supposed to be called up for a second interview soon, not really sure when that will happen.




This afternoon, my manager also called me and asked me how I was doing because he hadn't seen me reporting to work for a very long time. I will say I am pretty close to my manager, so I couldn't lie to him and just told him straight that I was planning to leave the company very soon and am currently in the process of going through a few job interviews.



I am trying to postpone my resignation as long as possible because it's always awkward for me to actually tell the boss I want to quit, I almost feel like I am turning my back on the company when I do that, but my manager urged me to inform my boss as soon as possible, so I guess it has to be done within next week?



The problem is I haven't actually found a job yet, so I don't feel very comfortable making my resignation official, but at the same time, it's also pointless for me to stay because I won't be accepting any more new projects to run.


For the past few weeks, all the customer leads I have been getting, I haven't actually been preparing any quotations for them, only for that entitled fuck, which is such a fucking joke, to realize that the only customer I actually put an effort preparing a quotation for ends up being the one who least deserves it, which just pisses me off even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment