Friday 21 July 2017

An electrical job well done

I will have to collect additional payments from my clients soon and I am not looking forward to it, there is no doubt they will try to negotiate the prices down and just thinking about them bargaining the prices with me is making me feel exhausted.



My electrician also isn't being of much help as well, since the start of July, I have been requesting for him to break down the electrical cost for me so I can issue out an accurate bill for my clients, every week I will drop him a text to ask him to break down the electrical cost and every week, he reads but chooses not to respond to my text, it's extremely infuriating and there is no doubt that this will be the last time I ever use his services.



Out of all the contractors I have liaised with for my first renovation project, the one who has been giving me problem is this fucking electrician, every other contractor whom I have engaged arrives on site at the date I have set aside for them, complete their work within the stipulated time, sometimes even earlier and leaves without giving me much of an issue and even if they do, they are very quick to rectify the problems, this fucking electrician on the other hand has been nothing but problem after problem and what really infuriates me about this whole situation is that I have been warned by my colleagues about how difficult it is to actually work with him, but still I went ahead and engaged his services anyway, so fucking stupid.




To list a few reasons why working with him has been the greatest displeasure of my renovation journey....


1. His doesn't instruct his workers on what to do. Instructions I pass to him doesn't get passed down to his workers.


2. He hasn't been replying to my text messages.


3. He gets his workers to come down and do the electrical works when it is convenient for him, works that should have been done in 2 days took him 3 days to complete because he decided that he wasn't going to send his workers down to my site on the second day.


4. He sends his workers down to do renovation works at my site without informing me about it in advance.


5. His main worker is just a complete buffoon. Carries on work without waiting for my instructions and even when instructions are given, still manages to fuck things up, and then has the audacity to complaint about how much of a greenhorn I am to his colleague, thinking I am not aware of it, saying things like...

"This designer, simple thing like this also don't know."


only for his colleague to reprimand him, saying...


"He now don't know, need time to learn right?"



 .. which zipped him up, I like his colleague because his colleague knows what to do, waits for my instructions before doing anything and is able to offer valid suggestions.


If you want to talk shit about me, do it when I am not around, not when I am literally standing 5 meters away from you, just because my back is turned doesn't mean I can't hear you.





Back to the boss, so I just dropped him a text today at around 3.30 pm, informing him that I will be issuing the electrical bill to my client tomorrow and I will need his help to tabulate the cost for me, he reads the text 6 minutes after I send it out but doesn't respond to it, so at around 5.00 pm, I decided to actually call him up because I really needed the cost break down for tomorrow,  if he wasn't able to do a full break down, at least tell me the cost of some items that are not stated in the price list so my bill can be as accurate as possible, but not only does he not pick up the call, he outright rejects it and needless to say, I'm infuriated.





Prior to the last text I had send him, I had actually also send him another text telling him his worker did not wait for my instructions and carried out drilling works, and recently also learned that he has pulled an additional lighting point that I did not ask for, so are you actually going to turn down my calls because I drop you a text telling you how incompetent your worker has been? Your worker did a shit job and I was just pointing it out to you, you failed to pass down the instructions I have given to you to him, so that is on you, I was simply stating the facts, so don't get all upset about it and not reply to my text and calls, take some fucking responsibility.



This means I won't be able to charge my clients for the electrical works tomorrow and will have to bill them again at a later date, that is going to be fucking fun to have to sit through another round of bargaining again.




I have been chasing him for the electrical cost break down for 3 weeks now, first time he said he was outside and couldn't prepare for me, fine, the following week I asked again and he responds, asking me how many lights I was going to install, so I told him how many lights I was going to install, thinking I will get a full cost breakdown soon ,but after that, no response.




Ask me how many lights I am going to install and don't send me the cost break down, then you ask for fuck?



I actually wrote to him yesterday, complaining to him about the amazing work his worker did for me at the site last Saturday, once again, he reads the message but doesn't respond to it.




I was intending to get him to complete the entire electrical work for this site before I never use him again, but these past few exchanges with him over WhatsApp, or lack thereof, is making me question the if that is even possible.




Still unsure at this point if I should just wing it and charge my clients the electrical bill as per usual, or actually wait for the fucker to send me the electrical costing breakdown. This fucker is really giving me a lot of unnecessary stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment