Wednesday 7 June 2017

Flake Off!

I got stood up by a client today and I have to say, I was a little irritated with how nonchalant the customer was when she told me she couldn't make it down.



Nowadays, when I don't have any duty to attend, I won't make my way to the office. In the past, I would because I was still considered new then and was suppose to go down everyday to learn from the seniors, but now that I have proven my worth by closing 3 different projects, I'm guessing the boss isn't very stringent about my daily attendance anymore.


Today was one of those days in which I didn't have any duty, my only reason for heading down to the office today was to meet this client that had confirmed an appointment today at 2.30 pm.



So I left home at 12.00 noon, ate my lunch and then waited in the office for the client, thinking by 2.30pm, she will open the doors to our showroom and ask for me, 2.30 pm goes by and there wasn't any sign of her, I thought maybe she will be 15 minutes late as most customers usually are, but then 2.45pm rolls around and there was still no sign of her, I felt something was amiss but decided to give the client the benefit of the doubt, but then by 3.00 pm, her sorry ass still wasn't showing up and at that point, I knew something was up, so I decided to give her a call.


In my head, I had envisioned 3 possible scenarios.



1. She doesn't pick up the phone at all. Fuck customers like this.


2. She had forgotten about it, apologizes and reschedules another appointment.


3. The one I hate the most, she tells me her requirements on her phone and asks me to email her a quotation based on those requirements. Time wasters like this can honestly go fuck themselves, if I am feeling generous, I will give them a half fuck quote that will exceed their budget, if not, they can wait till the cows come home for my quotation.



So the phone Rings and she picks up the call...



Client : Hello.

Me : Hi, is this Jaey?

Client : Yes, this is her.

Me : Hi Jaey, I am Tim from Interior Design Firm, we were scheduled to meet at 2.30pm today, I was wondering if you are making your way over now.

Client : Oh, I am a bit busy so I won't be able to make it today. *doesn't sound apologetic whatsoever*

Me : Okay, so would you like to reschedule?

Client : I will arrange a time and get back to you again. *code for not interested, not gonna get back to you ever again*




... it's so infuriating how irresponsible these customers can actually get, as if informing me last minute you can't make it isn't bad enough, let's not notify the designer, who might have pushed aside all other commitments to make time for you, at all and make him wait for half an hour. If you can't make it, inform us, don't just keep quiet and not show up, what the fuck? Do you think the designer's timetable revolves around non-paying customers? Fuck off! To think I had to travel an hour for the fucking flaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment