Tuesday 30 May 2017

Thrown in the towel.

About a week ago, I had some commitments I had to attend to and could not show up for my Duty at the Showroom, so I decided to enlist the help of one of my colleague to help cover for me on that day and in return, I will take his place during his Duty.




The day arrives and he covers my duty while I went to attend my thing, and the very next day, I covered his duty so he could take a break, things went pretty well until about a day later when he suddenly drops me a text, requesting for the same arrangement to be made, seeing how he was more than ready to help me when I asked for it, I naturally decided to return the favor and just help him out.





So the day after my original duty ended, I had to return back to the Showroom the next day to cover for him, and after having to report to work only once every 3 days, the thought of having to go to work 2 days in a row sounded like torture, but I was able to find solace in the fact that I will be getting a pretty long break away from the office after the 2 days since he will be covering my next duty for me, essentially leaving me with 4 duty free days.





Tomorrow is the day he is supposed to be covering my duty for me and I was more than ready to just sit back and relax at home, do a bit of brainstorming work for my clients and not worry about having to attend my showroom duties, that was until I saw him getting removed from the Company's group chat.





The only reason why someone would be removed from the chat would be because they have tendered their resignation and I have known for quite a while now that he has been really conflicted about continuing on this career path that wasn't generating any income for him, I was already expecting him to quit, but I was not expecting him to actually quit the day before he was suppose to cover my duty.




If I were to look at the bigger picture, his financial issues are definitely more pressing than covering my duty, but it would be nice to at least tell me beforehand...




"Hey, this might seem sudden but I have just resigned from the company, thanks for covering me on Monday, but I won't be able to cover your duty tomorrow as agreed, know that it is not intentional, so sorry about it."




... if he had the initiative to actually apologise and explain it to me personally what has happened right after it happened, then fine, I would have been happy for him that he has finally told the boss about his conflicted feelings towards the job he has been having for months, but he didn't.






I know it wasn't his intention to actually take advantage of me, but it would be nice if he had a sense of duty (no pun intended) and delivered what had been agreed upon not even 3 days ago, or at least have the initiative to apologize to me and tell me he won't be able to cover my duty the next day. I mean he didn't even tell me that I had to go back to work the next day, had I not noticed his removal from the group chat, I would still be oblivious to the entire situation.





I wished him all the best for his future endeavors but this really isn't the final impression he should have left me with. Irresponsibility isn't a very nice color on anyone, now I can understand why Little Miss Clit Face was pissed off at me when I left ID1 without personally informing her 4 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment