Tuesday 9 June 2015

Quest for cupcakes.

The car was available for me to use today for lunch, so I decided to drive to Holland V to grab my lunch and more importantly, get cupcakes from Plain Vanilla because it's been a while since I last got my hands on them.




Normally, a drive from my work place to Holland V would take less than 20 minutes, but being the noob driver that I am, it took me a whole hour, which is fucking ridiculous because taking a public bus would have been so much faster.



The main reason it took so long was because I wasn't sure if there was going to be parking available at the Holland V car park, so instead I went to the car park that was directly across.



As I drove into the road leading to the carpark across, I realize there was construction happening at the little stretch of road leading to the car park, the car park itself wasn't close, but there was this huge ass cement truck that was blocking the way, which means no way I could go in, so I drove out back to the main road and decided to go look for the HDB car park my parents always parked at when we visit Holland V as a family, took me about 20 minutes of driving around the vicinity before I gave up because I couldn't find the damn car park and ended up settling for the closest multistory car park I could find.



I have learned that doing the 45 degree parking technique is so much easier than the 90 degree one that I was taught in school, so I was able to park the car without much trouble, got out of the car park and thought I could get to Holland V by walking across this patch of field, turns out I couldn't because at the end of the field was a pretty high drop, so unless I was planning to jump off the drop, possibly break my legs and be forced to drag my body with my hands to Plain Vanilla Bakery, I had to walk around the patch off grass, which is fucking ridiculously far, I was in no mood for an exercise, so I got back into the car and decided to just try my luck at the bloody car park in Holland V.




I had spend so much time driving around Holland V that by the time I went to the car park at Holland V to look for lots, the lunch crowd was pretty much gone, even though the ground level car park was packed to the brim with cars from who knows where, I managed to get a lot on the second story car park, in fact there were a lot of lots available there, so no stress for me when I had to park the car.




First stop was obviously Plain Vanilla Bakery.



After having spend almost an hour driving around and looking car park space, which was really my fault because I'm an idiot, I had to get enough cupcakes to justify my stupid, so I got 6 cupcakes.



Shit quality because the company has shit lighting, that's why it's not going on Instagram



I was actually lazy to choose the flavors, I just went and told the counter girl I wanted the first five flavors from the right side of the display and a red velvet. Their cupcakes are always yummy so I didn't really have to be too picky about it.



Got myself the Cookies and Cream, White Chocolate Strawberry, Smores, Red Velvet, Hazelnut and some Pineapple Mint which I gave to a my office colleague.



I am not sure what the Pineapple one was, I just assumed it had mint in it, that's how much confidence I have with the bakery, that I just randomly picked that flavor without even reading the name of the flavor. I didn't get to eat it tho so that was a waste.



The Smores cupcake was the flavour I was looking forward to, and it was really filling. The cupcake consist of a biscuit base, chocolate cake with a thick chocolate ganache center which had the consistency of a truffle, a thin layer of chocolate on top of the cake followed by another layer of torched marshmallow meringue frosting and finally topped with a graham cracker which they made from scratch, so many components and so much effort for one cupcake. I also had the White Chocolate Strawberry one, not as awesome as the first time I had it, probably because despite being too full from the Smores cupcakes, I still proceeded to shove the White Chocolate Strawberry one down my mouth.



I am glad I still have 3 more cupcakes left to devour, can't wait to try the red velvet one, I always buy red velvet when I visit but I keep giving up that flavor to my younger sister, well not today. I'm gonna try that flavor from them once and for all and see how it fares.




Oh and for lunch I had a Subway sandwich, because it was the closest store to the car park so that's it.




Whilst I was looking for a car park, I also came across this stupid Mercedes driver who didn't want to let me enter his lane, my lane was half occupied by  road works so the obvious thing to do is switch lane, that fucker didn't want to let me into the lane, and instead of speeding up so I wouldn't cut him, he decided to drive at the same speed as me, fucking asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment