Wednesday 10 December 2014

Updates on life.

1.  New Laptop (Gaming Rig)

Purchased a gaming laptop from the IT Fair about 2 weeks ago. This is my very first gaming PC, my previous Asus was a budget laptop, the one before that was a very problematic Acer, that despite being a supposed "high end" computer was really just "high maintenance".



My Asus only failed on me once in the three years I owned it, send it to Sim Lim Square to fix it, one of the more reputable stores, I have learned do my research very thoroughly before stepping into a shop at Sim Lim Sqaure, and it never really gave me any more issues afterwards,  the Acer on the other hand failed me so many times I've lost count the number of times I've had to re install my Windows OS and all the software because the model was known to have hardware issues... to think they did nothing about it and just release it to sell to the public.




The new laptop I've bought is built by a local company called Aftershock and so far, it's been living up to it's name as a gaming rig, bought Dragon Age Inquisition within the week after I bought my laptop and it runs pretty smoothly on High settings, but it does start to get a bit choppy on Ultra settings, not that I can see any graphical improvements from High to Ultra,  I've never played any game released in the past year on high settings with my Asus before, medium at best, so being able to actually run a newly released game on High is very impressive to me.


Tapped that


I've really been having a lot of fun playing Dragon Age Inquisition, exploring the lands, fighting monsters, hooking up with a gay mage that looks like Freddie Mercury and passing judgement on criminals, I'm a gracious ruler it seems because I have yet to pass the death sentence on anyone.


Aiming to be tapped by that

Playing straight is boring, so why not become a promiscuous gay guy instead. I might break up with the Freddie Mercury mage and hook up with the Iron Bull instead.




Was also given a free copy of Assassin's Creed Unity when I made the laptop purchased, entire game was 40GB, took me a good 5 hours to download the whole game, but I'm not going to be touching that game yet until I am done with Inquisition. I always had a bad habit of not completing games in the past, not anymore.




I'm really enjoying playing games at a steady 50 frames per second, it's refreshing to not get a headache every time an explosion happens in the game and mt frame rate drops below playable level when playing the game suddenly feels like loading an image on the internet using a 56k modem.





2. Driving Updates.

Went for my driving lesson 2 days ago and I was almost late for my practical lesson, reached the school literally 5 minutes before my lesson started, quickly went to scan my IC and got my ticket and just my luck, I got the very instructor I complained about in my last blog post.



The very same impatient instructor who was more concerned with what he was having for lunch and what was happening on his iPad than teaching his own student. Normally when I am in the car with my instructor, I will try and ask questions during the lesson to keep the conversation going, wouldn't want to spend 100 minutes in complete silence, but when I saw this instructor's standing next to the car I was assigned to, my shoulders just dropped and my flustered "fuck I am going to be late" face just went blank because I couldn't believe my luck, out of the dozens of of instructors I could have gotten, I got him, again, was it because I was late, that's why I was assigned to him, did all the nice and friendly instructors get taken up ? Is he going to be on my list of permanent instructors because that is going to be fucked up.



So I walked up to him, showed him my IC and whatever else I had to show him, zero enthusiasm on my part and on his, got into the car and off we went to the public road, I couldn't be bothered to start any conversation with him whatsoever or ask him any question I had, I would rather embrace the long awkward silence in the car then to have to deal with him. I made sure to drive really slowly though because the last time, he kept complaining I drove too fast, so I kept my speed at 40km/h, which was extremely slow, he later told me I was driving too slow, which I agreed but I just maintained that speed because fuck all the other road drivers who are going to be late for their appointments. I'm kidding, I'm not a road hogger, I hope.



We drove around for 100 minutes, keeping the talking to a minimum, he kept asking me to "check your blind spot" every time I made a turn, at first I didn't know what was the point so I just turned my head before I did either a left turn or right turn like an idiot, many times way too early and I think the instructor also found it a bit ridiculous that I was checking my blind spot like a good 10 meters before the turn, I of course later came to understand what I was actually looking out for and did it properly.



He also kept asking me to do that during our previous lesson, I didn't know what he was going on about until the lesson 2 days ago because I'm slow like that and I didn't want to ask him any questions because he's not the "patient and friendly instructor" the car says he is.


It was a long lesson but he was less impatient then the last time so that was good, I think maybe it's because he already had his lunch so he's less cranky and I'm not driving at a speed that would endanger his life, so that might have calmed him down a bit, the last lesson he kept on grabbing my steering wheel very suddenly because he wasn't confident I was steering the car enough, which kept freaking me out, one time he actually accidentally scratched my hands when he was doing that, didn't even bother to apologize, I guess it's because I should be the sorry for one trying to crash us into the lorry that I wasn't going to crash into.


I'm hoping the next lesson will be a more friendly instructor, I haven't had a chatty instructor for a while now.



3. McDonalds Frappe



I've been having a lot of McCafe Frappe lately, in fact I have been having so much that my Devotee Card is soon going to enable me to get a free drink from them.


Every time I buy a drink, I get a stamp on the card, now I'm just one stamp away from a free drink. Maybe 4 isn't a lot but it's enough for McDonald's to be close enough to offer me a drink on the house.



Been getting their Double Chocolate Frappe and Red Velvet Frappe, those are really yummy, accidentally bought a Mocha Chip once, reminded me why I don't like Starbucks Frappes.



The drinks are always great, but I have one issue and that's with the baristas, the ones at Clementi Mall to be more specific. I was always served by two Malays girls and if I hadn't checked their name tag, I would have assumed they were the same person because firstly, they both were wearing hijabs, and secondly and most importantly, they never ever smile at all, every time I order a drink from either one of them, they just look annoyed, like fuck me for ordering a drink and forcing them to have to do their job.



If you are going to be working at the counter and dealing with customers, at least try to put on a pleasant expression, if you are unable to do that, than work at the back of the kitchen so the customers won't think they have offended you for making you do your job. I understand it can be very annoying when you have to prepare the same menu item twenty or thirty times a day, I have been there, but for fuck sake, I was the only customer at the McCafe counter, it's not like after me, you have to prepare another 12 red velvet frappe and 5 green tea ice blended for the long non-existent line of customers behind me.




F&B outlets should really consider whether a person who's applying for any position that has to face a customer has a resting bitch face or are just generally very bitter about life and shows it on their face is a proper candidate because that face is going to affect how the customer feels when making an order.

No comments:

Post a Comment