Friday 19 December 2014

Assassin's Creed U Nit to patch that shit up.

After completing Dragon Age Inquisition, I decided to download my free copy of Assassin's Creed Unity I got from purchasing my laptop a few weeks ago.





The entire game was roughly 40 GB and roughly took me about 6 to 7 hours to complete the download, good thing I was downloading it whilst I was working at my Dad's office, so really even if it did complete the download any sooner, I still wouldn't be able to play it until I actually got home.



So the actual game itself is actually really fun but the technical glitches and the horrible controls this game suffers from caused me so much frustration.



When I'm playing a stealth game, timing and precision is very important, when I see the bad guy turns his back, I know I only have maybe 2 to 3 seconds to get up from the spot I was hiding, sneak up to his back and hit the assassinate button before he actually turns back, notices me and alerts every other enemy in the area to help him out, problem is because of the framerate and stuttering issue this game offers me, that 2 -3 seconds I have to get out of my cover and sneak behind him gets replace with a stuttering framerate, in which case by the time the game's framerate already gets back to normal, I have already been noticed and surrounded by 5 enemies, each taking turns to cut me down and if it isn't the framerate and stuttering issue, it's the damn controls, so instead of getting out of the cover from behind the chair I was hiding, my character ends up climbing ON TOP of the chair and just squats there like a dog, and when I try to get him off the chair, instead of slowing getting down, he jumps across the room right into where the enemy is and I just go "Dafaq?" out loud. The framerate issues gets even worst online, good thing there's no chat or voice system, otherwise I would've probably been scolded by all the other players playing this game in their parent's basement.





I tried to recommend this game to a friend of mine because I wanted to play Co-op with him, told him it was glitchy but did not go too much into detail about it, I have a weird relationship with this game because even though I get really frustrated when I am playing it, every time I quit the game, a few hours later I will want to get back right in and continue playing it, so when I was recommending this game to my friend, I was in the state of "I wanna get back in to play".... and after he did his research on the game and I had just completed a round of Co-op, we chatted again and he decided he wasn't interested in the game anymore because it was buggy and incomplete and at that time, because I had just completed a round of very buggy co-op, I was feeling really frustrated with the game so I just started ranting about how bad it was to him and blah blah blah, which of course made me sound like a hypocrite, and I guess he got a bit pissed that I was introducing such a buggy game to him because he started typing in caps, questioned my motives for recommending him that game and stopped replying afterwards.



So I dunno?




I have actually completed the game's main story line, a new patch was just released so I guess I am now going to pop back in and see if the game has improved or am I gonna quit the game in frustration.


Update.


The game still runs like shit. Even that GIF has a smoother frame rate than what I am getting in the game.  (The game actually runs fine now, turns out I had forgotten to plug in my charger before and the laptop was just running on it's battery, the patch actually works, now the game runs a lot smoother, still not at the framerate I was hoping for it to run at, but definitely a huge improvement from last time.)When I got my new laptop, I was expecting to get at least 60FPS on all the games I was playing, be it Dragon Age Inquisition, TERA or Maple Story, so to have Assassin's Creed running at below 30 FPS on my new $2000 laptop is like getting a freshly baked cookie from a bakery only to have someone walk past, pull down their pants and take a shit all over it, that analogy sounds odd, that's because I just baked a batch of cookies and they are fucking awesome.




Thick and Chewy Milk Chocolate Chip , Hazelnut and Pecan Cookies
It might not look very good but this is probably one of my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.



One good thing I have learned from working at the bakery is now I know how to tweak certain recipes, so these cookies don't spread out so quickly in the oven, look at how thick it is,  that's the kind of cookies I like, really high and chewy and filled with milk chocolate chips, and it isn't Crisco that was used to replace with butter because those sticks of vegetable shortening taste and smell disgusting.



When people say "and the secret ingredient is butter flavored crisco, this taste just like real butter"... I think they are fucking nuts because it taste nothing at all like butter, that's like saying shit taste like chocolate because it has been coated with a layer of cocoa powder and chocolate essence. What the fuck?



Anyways, this cookie is super awesome because not only is it packed with a shit load of milk chocolate chip, pecan nuts and like maybe 10 leftover hazelnuts I had leftover from making a hazelnut brownie, but it's super chunky and the texture is perfect, I have tried other "Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie" recipes online before, those were lies because those cookies came out either spreading like no one's business or it's very cakey, which has happened to me many times and I always considered them a success because a cakey cookie is better than flat ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment