Tuesday 6 November 2012

MORE COOKIES!

Cookie. And Caramel. Without Salt.... yet

I guess my macaron baking obsession that got taken over by my cupcake obsession is quickly being taken over by my obsession with cookies.



The only difference between the cookie and macaron obsession is that those 2 actually come out decent enough.  My cupcakes are always quite sub par which is really depressing because I love cakes, probably why they are always so shit because my standards for cakes are really high. Cakes are like my own children, anything below amazing will be disowned.


My tastebud weren't happy with the Bitter Sweet Chocolates.

Made some browned butter yesterday for the cookies, smelled like Weathers Originals, it was pretty awesome to have my batter smell so good. The only thing that ruined my whole cookie batter was the fact that I threw in Bittersweet Chocolate instead of Semi-Sweet. 

And it's not shitty chocolate, I actually bought good quality Ghirardelli chocolates. Really need to start reading the packaging properly next time.Should have just chopped up my Valrhona Feves and used them instead. 




I also decided to make some salted caramel today because the browning of my butter was so successful.



My first caramel making was a disaster, had to do another one right after the first failure which burnt, made the whole kitchen smell really dangerous, the fumes that I exhaled from the burnt sugar literally made my nose hurt, that's why I avoided making another batch after my second one, which I didn't allow to caramalise enough, but glad to announce this one came out really well.  The cleaning up was troublesome though because it's freaking sticky as fuck, although it smelled amazing, too bad the kitchen didn't smell like caramel afterwards, which was sad because the ants would have been very happy. The maid cleaned up for me so I'm complaining for her sake.


Made Salted Caramel Coffee with Starbucks coffee beans because there's an espresso machine at home. It actually tasted like the Starbucks caramel drink that they sell in 7-11 for the same price as a Child Laborer....which is around 3 peanuts. It was pretty good until I decided to make a second cup, didn't melt the caramel down properly and ended up with a layer of oil on the top of the coffee due to the butter content in the caramel melting first before the whole thing actually fully melted, it was too gross to chuck it down my throat, so I chuck it down the drain because that one doesn't have any feeling.


PS. And that picture I put on Instagram didn't get a single like. So depressing, I'm like an attention seeking whore on Instagram with my pictures. I need like to feel good about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment